Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.6%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 34 18.9%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.1%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine already reflects my status. Primary was just replaced for the battery issue a couple of months ago, the replacement promptly failed on dive two with AI stopped working. So it was replaced. My backup is also experiencing the battery issue. Probably will have to deal with it soon.

Yup. Got it back from repair. New battery and a bunch of other small stuff...

OMMOHY

I've had my most recent replacement Teric for a while now, so far, so good, battery consumption a little less than 0.3% per day. I'll be diving it quite intensely for 10 days starting next week, hope the good performance continues

I've had my most recent replacement Teric for a while now, so far, so good, battery consumption a little less than 0.3% per day. I'll be diving it quite intensely for 10 days starting next week, hope the good performance continues
Mine is shipping back today. After being reworked back in late 2019, it was holding charge really well until my first pandemic dive trips starting in May /July 2021. However, after those trips, it started to again drop faster than normal - recently tested and it would hold at 100% for the first 24 hours but then drop ~4% per day (dropped to 56% after 13 days) which SW agreed was too high.

I’m sure they’ll make it right, and even with this drain, it would likely not be a problem on a dive trip where I could recharge each night as needed. However, they do seem to have a battery or electronic circuit issue with the Teric. I updated my poll response.

Mine is shipping back today. After being reworked back in late 2019, it was holding charge really well until my first pandemic dive trips starting in May /July 2021. However, after those trips, it started to again drop faster than normal - recently tested and it would hold at 100% for the first 24 hours but then drop ~4% per day (dropped to 56% after 13 days) which SW agreed was too high.

I’m sure they’ll make it right, and even with this drain, it would likely not be a problem on a dive trip where I could recharge each night as needed. However, they do seem to have a battery or electronic circuit issue with the Teric. I updated my poll response.
Got my Teric back from Dive-Tronix today (super quick service as usual). They confirmed the high battery discharge rate and replaced the battery. They also tested the circuit board for high amperage draw, but found that to be in specification.

I’m hoping that this second battery replacement resolves the battery drain issue, and will be monitoring it in storage prior to and after my next dive trip.

As a side benefit, I got another free storage case and some extra screen protectors!

Just checked my Teric and it currently shows 72% battery: it's been 24 days since the last charge/dive.
You musta got a good one.

OMMOHY

I got my Teric back from the repair for failed AI in September. It was just 4 months old, 57 dives, at the time. I charged it when I first got it back and the battery discharge was quite low, a fraction of a % per day. I took it to Bonaire and did 45 dives in 13 days. After returning from that trip, the battery consumption was 2-3% per day. I dived it once more in Florida, doing 15 dives over 5 days. Upon return, battery consumpiton was 5-6% per day and I sent it in for replacement.

So, in the middle of March I was able to do 18 dives. Charged my Teric when I got back home and the battery performance has been great, losing bit less than 0.2% per day.

I'm diving again in a few days for a week. I'm cautiously optimistic I got a good one this time, time will tell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom