Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.6%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 34 18.9%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.1%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shearwater offers the same great customer support on the Perdix, but you'd never know it.
True, I really prefer the Teric but the perdix is a great computer, being built on years of experience there were few growing pains.

I had my original Teric (had one of the first units at launch) essentially rebuilt due to battery issues back in December 2019. Due to the pandemic, I did not get out diving again until 2021.

The Teric seemed to hold charge really well in storage (periodically checked it) until my first dive trip in 2021. However, after that trip, I have noticed that it seems to drain faster than It used to when not used.

I just checked and, after recharging it to 100% on Jan 6, it’s down to 66% today - so it lost 34% in 11 days which is a little more drain than I’d expect (AI and Compass are off). It’s not a problem to recharge each night on a dive trip so not a major concern yet - but I’ll be keeping an eye on it in case it gets worse.

Shearwater offers the same great customer support on the Perdix, but you'd never know it.

I might just go that route and pick up a garmin mk2s for exercise and back up.

Perdix. Just. Rocks.

OMMOHY

I had my original Teric (had one of the first units at launch) essentially rebuilt due to battery issues back in December 2019. Due to the pandemic, I did not get out diving again until 2021.

The Teric seemed to hold charge really well in storage (periodically checked it) until my first dive trip in 2021. However, after that trip, I have noticed that it seems to drain faster than It used to when not used.

I just checked and, after recharging it to 100% on Jan 6, it’s down to 66% today - so it lost 34% in 11 days which is a little more drain than I’d expect (AI and Compass are off). It’s not a problem to recharge each night on a dive trip so not a major concern yet - but I’ll be keeping an eye on it in case it gets worse.
This is exactly what mine did. I bought it in 1/2020 so around the same time as you and monitored it biweekly for charge levels while it was sitting idle. Had some trips cancel/move, etc. due to COVID so it was 6/2021 before I finally got it in the water on a rescheduled LOB trip. When I got back it started losing 3-4% a day while powered off...eerily similar to the rate of discharge you are seeing. I sent it to Divetronics and they replaced the battery and it went back to the normal discharge rate of around 2% or so a week. I just got back from another LOB so will be monitoring it closely over the next few weeks. TL;DR - you might want to consider a battery replacement. :)

This is exactly what mine did. I bought it in 1/2020 so around the same time as you and monitored it biweekly for charge levels while it was sitting idle. Had some trips cancel/move, etc. due to COVID so it was 6/2021 before I finally got it in the water on a rescheduled LOB trip. When I got back it started losing 3-4% a day while powered off...eerily similar to the rate of discharge you are seeing. I sent it to Divetronics and they replaced the battery and it went back to the normal discharge rate of around 2% or so a week. I just got back from another LOB so will be monitoring it closely over the next few weeks. TL;DR - you might want to consider a battery replacement. :)
Thanks - I may get in touch with them after my next dive trip. This would be the second battery replacement for me which, unfortunately, does not seem uncommon: my brother-in-law has had his serviced twice for excessive battery drain already as well.

My Teric just got back from service for a broken AI antenna. According to them, almost all of the components were replaced along the way and it was on its way back to me in like 3 days. Very impressed with the service. Mine was a couple years old, but only had about 40 dives on it. It only died when I updated to V. 21, I think. Weird.

I got my Teric back from the repair for failed AI in September. It was just 4 months old, 57 dives, at the time. I charged it when I first got it back and the battery discharge was quite low, a fraction of a % per day. I took it to Bonaire and did 45 dives in 13 days. After returning from that trip, the battery consumption was 2-3% per day. I dived it once more in Florida, doing 15 dives over 5 days. Upon return, battery consumpiton was 5-6% per day and I sent it in for replacement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom