Question MK2 Din Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You’ll understand with the part in hand, only Allen wrenches needed With this. You may want to check the torque specs.

I'm wrong on that. I remove the allen and then remove the 3/4" nut on my other regs.

I believe this item will work:
Scubapro Din Conversion kit/universal available at Amazon (...cannot get a link to work here, but you can type that into Google.)
The add does not mention the MK2 but as @rhwestfall mentioned, there are grooves for the placement of different o-rings. Yes, they are provided.

You’ll understand with the part in hand, only Allen wrenches needed With this. You may want to check the torque specs.

Next up, converting a Mares MR12 to din... I really don't like yoke anymore, and it's easier to have all the tanks the same

1642522729491.jpeg

:cool::cool:

I have never tried one before, I don't even know much about them.... except they look badass
If you're ever in the Florida panhandle/ lower Alabama area hit me up.... I have a problem (5 divable DH regs, 6 more works in progress)!

If you're ever in the Florida panhandle/ lower Alabama area hit me up.... I have a problem (5 divable DH regs, 6 more works in progress)!

It's crazy that you say that. The in-laws are moving to lower Alabama, about 45 minutes west of Pensacola, can't remember the name of their town. Of course my 1st thought is what kind of diving is there for when we make the trip once or twice a year....

Surprisingly more than I would have thought, lol...so maybe I'll come check one out this summer!

Typical torque readings for yoke and din inlets are 18-20 ft*lbs...
I 100% understand that. On my D6 regs I grab the back with a 3/4" socket to be able to loosen that part. The 3/4" fitting is 230ft/lbs and the allen screw is 150ft/lbs.

This is where my knowledge comes from, which is maybe why I have it wrong. Maybe I don't need to grab the nut, and maybe this would all make a lot more sense with the past in hand.

You are not suggesting the torque is 230 and 150 FOOT Pounds??? This will likely ruin your reg. May be INCH POUNDS!

The real torque setting for inlet fittings is typically 18 to may be 20 FOOT POUNDS! The center screw retainer is way less to allow its removal without removing the inlet fitting all together. I want to say 10-15 INCH POUNDS....

I have a torque wrench just for regulator rebuilds. I can always feel for it. My others are 150ft/lbs, but it's nice to have the right #.

My other regs only have 3 parts that even require torque specs, I would assume that this sp is not really all that different

I don't believe there is a single SCUBA reg in the world that uses 150 ftlbs of torque on any part. May be INCH POUNDS... The highest torque settings are applied to diaphragms on a diaphragm regulator retainer and those are about 28 ftlbs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom