Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what happens if your test comes back positive near the end of your vacation? Are you free to make your own accommodations for your extended stay or does the local government have a plan to isolate those people for 5-10 days? Sorry If this has been already discussed, this is a long thread.

So what happens if your test comes back positive near the end of your vacation? Are you free to make your own accommodations for your extended stay or does the local government have a plan to isolate those people for 5-10 days? Sorry If this has been already discussed, this is a long thread.

There is a person on C4U that just described his experience last week. And it meshes with other accounts I've seen. You're on your own. There is no designated process and no one to lead you by the hand. You're supposed to stay quarantined (have food and other necessities delivered) until you test negative or get a clearance from a doctor. If you don't have symptoms you can get a clearance after 5 days now. That is down from 10 days. The letter of recovery from the doctor will get you on the plane.

As far as I know you are on your own. Come back when your test is negative or you get a note from a doctor that you are recovered and no longer contagious. Some resorts were at one time advertising that they would house you for your extended stay if you stayed with them for your trip but I don't know if they still do it.

You're supposed to stay quarantined (have food and other necessities delivered) until you test negative or get a clearance from a doctor. If you don't have symptoms you can get a clearance after 5 days now. That is down from 10 days. The letter of recovery from the doctor will get you on the plane.
That last part is specific to the United States of America. Canada only requires proof of the positive test at least 10 days prior to boarding. The reason I know is that my SIL tested positive before her return to Canada last week. The reason is that the PCR test that Canadians are required to take will likely show you as positive for up to 90 days after infection. Interestingly enough, neither her husband, myself or my husband have tested positive. She has only had very mild symptoms. We are all triple vaccinated.

Please direct me to the form that allows the selection of Cozumel as a point of entry. I have always gone to this site
Datos de identificación

and the drop down menu for customs office is a rather short list of cities with many smaller airports not listed. If there is another government site that allows you to select Cozumel it would like to use it in the future.

View attachment 700631
What is that form used for?

What is that form used for?
On line customs form so you do not have to fill it out on entry. One per family. I was corrected that it can be in Cozumel. You select Cancun as the office and then in the next menu for entry point you select Cozumel.
The other form is the online immigration form which is one for each person, it can be printed as two single sided sheets or a single double sided sheet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom