Any information on Corblin AOC-250 diaphragm compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Definitely US electrical controls,
And been rewired from 3phase 440-550V

Here are some better pictures for those grumbling, (my phone has a lousy camera)

I may have been unclear
But I was hoping someone had a parts breakdown, so I have part numbers (For the pump its self,) Or even a repair manual, or practical experience using one,
All the externals are no big deal

20220117_192249.jpg
20220117_192410.jpg
20220117_192315.jpg
20220117_192616.jpg

One thing to add I forgot earlier, would be to look carefully at the lubricant.

Current Corblin's and by that I mean those 30 years younger than your 50 year old example that are badged for oxygen service have three features you may wish to consider. First they have a triple diaphragm and a leak detector above and below two of them in the event the gas top or oil bottom or centre separator diaphragm fail. So a triple diaphragm and leak detector cut out switch is two of them.

The third is the use of perfluoropolyether as the lubricant. (not mineral or synthetic oil )
This stuff costs around $400 a kilo (around 17oz US by weight) So if it has this you don't want to be throwing at away for a off the cuff oil change.

Your 50 year old pump is anyones guess if it has this stuff fitted but you won't get drawings
The earliest I have was from my early commercial diving days with Comex we used these pumps on the gas reclaim I do still have these paper pen and ink drawings but don't hold your breath If I can find them.

So a triple diaphragm and leak detector cut out switch is two of them.
I have triple diaphragm. No leak detector
First they have a triple diaphragm and a leak detector above and below two of them in the event the gas top or oil bottom or centre separator diaphragm fail.
Not sure how they do that.. does it sense some how between the diagram? Like a pressure sw?
I do still have these paper pen and ink drawings but don't hold your breath If I can find them.
If you have drawings for the pump itsself that would be great, external plumbing I don't necessarily need,
Also would diagrams be available?
What type of alloy is it? Does the diaphragm have a bulge stretched into it or is it a flat plate?
I don't plan to pump O2 with it,
thanks for helping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom