Cozumel in August -v- December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wlecyt40

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are trying to figure out which is the better month to dive Cozumel: August or December? We have been to Cozumel twice in December but are thinking about going in August. Problem is that we have been trying to figure out which is better but the comparisons are lacking online. Can you all give us your educated opinion on which is better? Thanks so much!

We are trying to figure out which is the better month to dive Cozumel: August or December? We have been to Cozumel twice in December but are thinking about going in August. Problem is that we have been trying to figure out which is better but the comparisons are lacking online. Can you all give us your educated opinion on which is better? Thanks so much!
There are a lot fewer hurricanes in December.

Yep that why we always go in April and December trying to dodge the hurricanes.

I prefer the summer, less people and warmer water. That being said there is really no bad time :)

Maybe me getting older, but December mid 80's is okay over low 90's in August. Water temps for diving okay anytime - 84º F early Dec. 2021.

We either go in August or January or both. Port closures in the winter can be frustrating and August is hot and humid. Last August was hot enough that our taxi driver complained to us. Diving in both months has been wonderful though. No real complaints about either.

We either go in August or January or both. Port closures in the winter can be frustrating and August is hot and humid. Last August was hot enough that our taxi driver complained to us. Diving in both months has been wonderful though. No real complaints about either.

There is the incresed chance of mosquitos in August of staying on the southern part of the island. So if in August, i'd stay Casa del mar and north of there.

More mosquitoes in the summer, but lotsa sunlight and warmer water temps. I’ll be there…

It's very hot in August, and more bugs and more tropical storms. But easier travelling and fewer people in general.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom