Bonaire Quick Tip Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USC8791

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're starting a series of very short quick tip videos. These are common sense things that can make your time on Bonaire even more enjoyable.

Sounds good. I've enjoyed some of your videos, and hope to buy one of those walking sticks you elsewhere advocated to use to reduce risk of falls. Early today I was looking at one, when I noticed something odd...

The comments I recall had disappeared. I was looking because as you noted, those things aren't made for salt water submersion, and one of the commenters in the past mentioned another model that had easily replaced screws that might help make it a longer-lasting investment (granted, a $30 'disposable' walking stick for a week or two dive vacation isn't that bad, but it did seem polluting to me).

Am I missing something, or did there used to be comments, and now they're gone?

Other than that, I've enjoyed a number of your videos, and the production quality is quite good.

I remember a comment similar to that as well on one of the threads. I too cannot find it. I haven’t removed any comments (don’t think I can here), so not sure what’s happened.

My wife and I love your videos. Heading to St Croix this week with our new walking sticks for our shore dives. Thanks!!!!

My wife and I love your videos. Heading to St Croix this week with our new walking sticks for our shore dives. Thanks!!!!

Please make a quick tip for viewers on basic underwater marine park preservation etiquette that seems to be lacking from vacation divers.

For example, how to secure that dangling cane properly when they get underwater and drag it over corals chasing a stupid Parrotfish. Like the multiple fatties I’ve seen this month using sticks/tank bangers to position their ignorant fat selves in a sea fan to take photos because they have zero buoyancy control, and break off large chunks of coral for their garbage GoPro shots.

A quick tip to not touch ANYTHING underwater would be nice, as these divers have no idea the destruction they are causing spreading disease. “I know what’s dead and can touch it.”

Help educate the viewer that can only comprehend a one minute video, please. Bonaire’s reefs are screaming for it, and it’s so basic, but so lacking. Sad to say but even a video on how to pay STINAPA fees too :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom