How much air does an LP85 hold at 2400 PSI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would be cool to see, but I suspect the main difference is 1/8" thicker walls. 7.25" vs 7" diameter.

I would like to see the cut apart side by side, I’ll give up an 85 to the test if you’ll give up a 100 :wink:
I agree it’s better to buy an hp version when available.
Why would i cut up a tank? The volume is stated by the manufacturer.

It would be cool to see, but I suspect the main difference is 1/8" thicker walls. 7.25" vs 7" diameter.
The walls are nearly identical. The lp85s are a scosche longer to get the missing volume from the diameter.

The same manufacturer that calls them 85 cf when they are, as reported earlier 81 at best.
You are back to dealing with pressure. It has nothing to do with volume.

You are back to dealing with pressure. It has nothing to do with volume.
So what is the volume of an LP 85 at 2640 psi?

Doubt it, a 3AA 100 that holds 3498# with a + is almost 5# heavier than an SP tank. the SP 100 is 3# heavier than the LP85. Also, since the tanks types in question (and all tanks actually) are not exact, one the pair cut open may be thicker, thinner, or the same proving nothing. I would think the HP100 would be thicker due to additional steel, but I'd need a micrometer and a lot of time to find out where that other 3# of steel went.

So what is the volume of an LP 85 at 2640 psi?
The volume of the lp85 is 13L
The volume of the lp85 at 1 psi is 13L
The volume of the lp85 at 2640 is 13L
The volume of the lp85 and 90,000,000,000 psi is 13L.

The volume is the actual volume measurement of the tank, it has nothing to do with pressure. With the volume and the pressure, we can then find out how much gas we have to breathe.

****Side note, if you actually put 90,000,000,000 psi in your lp85, the volume might become infinite, I have not tested this hypothesis.****

The volume of the lp85 is 13L
The volume of the lp85 at 1 psi is 13L
The volume of the lp85 at 2640 is 13L
The volume of the lp85 and 90,000,000,000 psi is 13L.

The volume is the actual volume measurement of the tank, it has nothing to do with pressure. With the volume and the pressure, we can then find out how much gas we have to breathe.

****Side note, if you actually put 90,000,000,000 psi in your lp85, the volume might become infinite, I have not tested this hypothesis.****
So volume means nothing regarding diving, how long of a dive can I do with a 13l tank at 0 psi?

So volume means nothing regarding diving, how long of a dive can I do with a 13l tank at 0 psi?
Now you are being silly.
Tracy has a valid point: the volume of the tank is fixed. The volume of the air it can hold depends on the pressure...and it is the same volume as the tank if the air is pressurized....its volume does not increase until you take it out of the tank, and then it depends on whether you take it out at (say) sea level or (say) 20m depth. You know all this. So why the silly statements?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom