FREE FLOWING MY REGULATOR...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stoneshirt

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,everyone.
I've built a Shallow Water Hookah for recovering Targets that my Metal Detector finds...5-6Ft depth.The Compressor(12v Battery) is barely adequate,and I decided to incorporate a FREE FLOW principle..Short of removing the innards,how can I adjust the TWO adjustments,for a FREE FLOW.

It's the cheap Chinese Regulator,and the Adjustments are the little adjusting Nut inside,and the slotted adjustment inside,where the Hose attaches(cracking Pressure??)
I would be willing to gut it if necessary.It doesn't have the EXTERNAL Adjustment,but just a Plastic Plug closing off where One would be,on a more expensive Reg.

Thanks for any info....
stoneshirt.

Hi stoneshirt. A picture of the reg would be handy to maybe get the right instruction.
But usually the slotted adjustment in the hose connecting port adjusts the cracking pressure, turn the slot counterclockwise untill it flows.
And the hex nut inside compresses the seat spring, turn clockwise (tighten) untill it flows.
You shouldn't need to adjust both to accomplish a free flow.
I would start with the slotted adjuster.
Hope this helps with your project.

But usually the slotted adjustment in the hose connecting port adjusts the cracking pressure, turn the slot counterclockwise untill it flows.
And the hex nut inside compresses the seat spring, turn clockwise (tighten) untill it flows.
Be sure to depress the purge valve while turning the slotted adjutment, otherwise you will score the seat in the reg.

Hi stoneshirt. A picture of the reg would be handy to maybe get the right instruction.
Hope this helps with your project.
Hello graham.Thanks for that.I think you have the proper image,in your Head.Iv'e turned the Slotted Adj back and forth,sometimes forgetting to hold in the Purge Button like tursiops recommended in his Post.(thanks tursiops)..
PICT0191.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom