AI wrist choices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Difference is 30 minutes of deco time
I don't see the relevance of that to the rec scenario. At rec depths, it's the same RGBM model running the show.

We could put it to the test... let's assemble a typical dive day with multiple dives. Of each dive, I can put in the start time, depth, bottom time, tank volume and starting pressure and let the dive planning software plan dives. It accounts for the surface time between dives and I can run it through different algorithms (including the Suunto RGbM, the new Suunto Fused RGBM2, Bülhman GF, and through several others) and compare the outcomes.
Let's see where this (theoretical) multi-dive day gets hit by the limitations the algorithm suggests

I see you are in St Thomas. I am in SW Ontario as well. Is there a Canadian distributer for Ratio Dive Computers? (I know I can order one online direct from Ratio, but I would like to see what I am getting when there is this much money involved.)

@Hoag - According to RATIO's web site, the Canadian distributor is Cross Country Parts 1-888-734-3483.
That is surprising. I went to Cross Country Parts (& cross checked with the phone number to make sure I had the right website) and it is an HVAC distributing company. They mention SCUBA, on their homepage, but I could find no mention of it anywhere else.

That is surprising. I went to Cross Country Parts (& cross checked with the phone number to make sure I had the right website) and it is an HVAC distributing company. They mention SCUBA, on their homepage, but I could find no mention of it anywhere else.
@Hoag - It is probably similar to Shark Bite Distribution which is collocated with Dive Tech in Mallorytown, ON.

In my experience, the Suunto conservatism kicks in on repetitive dives -- precisely what a Cozumel-bound rec diver will bump up against.
Potentially, but I did 22 dives over 5 days on my last liveaboard, diving Nitrox, and had no problems. It was also in Turks and Caicos where the diving is a bit deeper (on average) than a lot of places. Worked great!

Potentially, but I did 22 dives over 5 days on my last liveaboard, diving Nitrox, and had no problems. It was also in Turks and Caicos where the diving is a bit deeper (on average) than a lot of places. Worked great!
Some of you folks are not having problems with your Suuntos, regardless of its algorithm.
I have no desire to dive a proprietary, secret algorithm, when others are available.

Potentially, but I did 22 dives over 5 days on my last liveaboard, diving Nitrox, and had no problems.
What do you mean by "no problems"? Did you finish all dives at reserve pressure?

No argument that not everyone will be impacted in the same manner. Plus nitrox may shift the limiting factor away from NDL time.

What do you mean by "no problems"? Did you finish all dives at reserve pressure?

No argument that not everyone will be impacted in the same manner. Plus nitrox may shift the limiting factor away from NDL time.
Meaning.....I was never limited by the computer on dive time, NDL, etc. Back on the boat with 400 or 500 PSI, etc. and never had a "deco warning", unless I went deep for long, as it should. I will say, they (the EON Core) are temperamental with safety stops. Particularly, if you ascend too fast, even after a full length stop. It has a tendency to give you a lock out warning if you ascend too quickly in even the last few feet. It's conservative in that area, but I also understand the intention is for safety, not to piss me off, so I'm not too upset about it. Haha! I just ascend slowly enough to make sure it doesn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom