Soccoro aggressor canceled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luca Brasi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just heard the Soccoro aggressor leaving tomorrow January 13 was canceled less than 24 hours before departure. My heart goes out to anyone already in Los Cabo’s. Apparently too many crew tested positive today upon return from last trip

What a bummer! :(

Sorry to hear that. It happened to me last September, for Cocos . Luckily, I got the cancellation news in few days before flying to San Jose, Costa Rica.

Yes terrible for anyone who arrived early

Just heard the Soccoro aggressor leaving tomorrow January 13 was canceled less than 24 hours before departure. My heart goes out to anyone already in Los Cabo’s. Apparently too many crew tested positive today upon return from last trip
How did the crew get infected? Through the divers or from the previous trip? And what happened to the divers afterward?

I heard that a group from Europe came aboard that vessel late last year with a large supply of NHS antigen tests. The crew were happy to be tested but several American guests objected, either refusing to test or bluffing the test in the privacy of their cabins. Aggressor then wrote a strongly worded message to the group leader saying they would not stand for people bringing such tests aboard their vessels. What's more important to you, their money or your health?

Shame...we were moored near her a couple times last week. I sure hope we were upwind. :)

I'm actually encouraged when I see last-minute cancellations like this. It means that they are taking things seriously, Covid can come on in an instant. Now if they would just offer refunds automatically when they cancel.

I heard that a group from Europe came aboard that vessel late last year with a large supply of NHS antigen tests. The crew were happy to be tested but several American guests objected, either refusing to test or bluffing the test in the privacy of their cabins. Aggressor then wrote a strongly worded message to the group leader saying they would not stand for people bringing such tests aboard their vessels. What's more important to you, their money or your health?
There has to be more context to the Aggressor response. The crew get tested every week and the guests all get tested the day they get back to port so they can fly home. The only exception is if the guest is staying in Mexico after returning; but even then the guest has to test before getting back on a plane to go home.

There has to be more context to the Aggressor response. The crew get tested every week and the guests all get tested the day they get back to port so they can fly home. The only exception is if the guest is staying in Mexico after returning; but even then the guest has to test before getting back on a plane to go home.
Regardless, it really sucks to be all ready to go, or be in transit, or even be there already and then get cancelled. Tricky times that we live in.

I was booked on the 1/5/22 trip and cancelled in mid-December in light of the surging Omicron numbers. It appears that it was the right call, albeit an expensive one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom