Advanced Wreck instructors in Caribbean outside of USA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grayson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I'd like to get my Advanced Wreck cert (TDI or someone else) at some point between now and August (already technical/TDI Cavern diver certified, both OC and CC) and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good instructor or dive shop in the Caribbean area that's not in the USA? Most of the wrecks I've found here are smallish artificial reefs and not really suitable, and hence there's a dearth of good instructors (I know there are a ton of suitable wrecks in the USA, but I have to minimize my time in the US for tax purposes). Also TDI's site is useless for actually finding an instructor. Thanks!

talk to kelvin at third dimension, but with penetration off limits on the bianca, I think you will need to travel. the other alternative is just finish full cave as the skills overlap in ways

You just have to know where to go. You have to go to the actual course page, then all the way to the bottom to Find an Instructor

Yes I tried that, to no avail (see screenshot).

talk to kelvin at third dimension, but with penetration off limits on the bianca, I think you will need to travel. the other alternative is just finish full cave as the skills overlap in ways

That's part of my plan anyway, I'm finishing full cave OC this month and then full cave CC in April, but I have a trip to Bikini planned in August and want to get Advanced Wreck done before I go.

Backup plan is head to the Mediterranean for a month or two and just do it there (Malta, Greece, Cyprus).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 8.07.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 8.07.02 PM.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 67

That's part of my plan anyway, I'm finishing full cave OC this month and then full cave CC in April, but I have a trip to Bikini planned in August and want to get Advanced Wreck done before I go.

Backup plan is head to the Mediterranean for a month or two and just do it there (Malta, Greece, Cyprus).
Best of luck w the Bikini trip. I’m skeptical anything in the FSM/Marshall Islands happens. Either an advanced wreck cert or a full cave cert will serve you well. Most of the penetration you’ll likely do is on the Saratoga.

Best of luck w the Bikini trip. I’m skeptical anything in the FSM/Marshall Islands happens. Either an advanced wreck cert or a full cave cert will serve you well. Most of the penetration you’ll likely do is on the Saratoga.

Malta has one of the top instructors for cave and wreck diving (sidemount too), Tom Steiner, you can do all of the training with him there, from basic tech to highest level. Tom is Swiss and is a SUPER nice guy.

Malta has one of the top instructors for cave and wreck diving (sidemount too), Tom Steiner, you can do all of the training with him there, from basic tech to highest level. Tom is Swiss and is a SUPER nice guy.

Awesome thanks, just messaged him! I work east coast hours, so Malta would be perfect (dive in morning, work afternoons and evenings, dive all weekend).

Yeah, we'll see if this trip actually happens (backup plan/consolation prize: just stay in the Mediterranean for a few more months and dive wrecks there). I'd like to get Bikini and Chuuk done as soon as possible though, those wrecks are close to 80 years old and aren't getting any more intact...

(dive in morning, work afternoons and evenings, dive all weekend).

I doubt that you will have any energy left after doing tech diving in the morning :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom