Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a hard time getting Binax Now. CVS online is out of stock.
Pricey, but I got mine here: ttps://store.optum.com/shop/category/tests-devices/covid-19-home-tests/

So I write to you first handed because this happened to me. I came back to Aruba from the US and tested Poss for Covid. I have all 3 shots and have covid 2 times before the shots. So I asked Bonaire what I need to do. I had my Bonaire trip already booked for Jan 6. Bonaire sent me a nice e-mail and said. The rules have changed for you, if you have been poss for covid. Aruba made me quarentine for 5 days. Then I was free to go, if my symptoms were gone. They were. So Bonaire said you need to go to the Health Dept and get a letter saying you are recovered and don't have any symptoms. So I did that. Then they told me, if you do a PCR test anytime after having covid, you are going to test poss. So they then allow you to take a antigen test and if you get a neg 24 hours before you arive, then you are good to go. But thats from Aruba. I believe from the States, its 48 hours. But when you fill out the health app and check that you have had covid in the last 8 weeks, they make you download the cert from the health dept and all your vaccines. So a really smart thing to do, is go get tested 10 days before you come. If you have had covid in the past 8 weeks and maybe didn't even know it, you will test poss. So do the quarentine deal and test with antigen and you will be able to come. If you wait until the day or 2 before you travel, and you test poss, the trip is over for you. Thats just my 2 cents!!! Aruba really gave me a rough time because I never had a PCR. So I showed them the e=mail from Bonaire and I had to talk my way thru 3 supervisors, but I made it to Bonaire. But being here for 6 weeks was well worth all of the trouble. When I got to Bonaire and showed them all the paper work, they never said a word. Just: I hope you enjoy Bonaire.
Pricey, but I got mine here: ttps://store.optum.com/shop/category/tests-devices/covid-19-home-tests/
Out of stock

You guys are referring to two different BinaxNow tests. the one from CVS is an at-home test with no validity for travel. the one from Optum is the same test but is tele-proctored, and you get an email travel certificate. It also cost fore, because of that.
If you want the purely at-home for=peace-of-mind test, but NOT for travel, you can get them OTC sat many pharmacies. CVS website even tells you which of their (many) stores have them in stock.

You guys are referring to two different BinaxNow tests. the one from CVS is an at-home test with no validity for travel. the one from Optum is the same test but is tele-proctored, and you get an email travel certificate. It also cost fore, because of that.
If you want the purely at-home for=peace-of-mind test, but NOT for travel, you can get them OTC sat many pharmacies. CVS website even tells you which of their (many) stores have them in stock.
Optum have both listed. I’m not confused.

Optum have both listed. I’m not confused.
Yeah, but up-thead it was mentioned they ere expensive; that strongly implies the poster was looking at the tele-proctored test. The other -- as you mentioned -- is out of stock.

Out of stock
Huh? I can click through right to the payment screen without seeing any indication it's out of stock (the teleproctored version, that is).

Exactly. Not out of stock as far as I can tell.
Those are the tele-proctored kits that yield a travel certificate; much more expensive.

Those are the tele-proctored kits that yield a travel certificate; much more expensive.
Okay, there's a lot going on in this thread, and I may have missed something. Is the NON-teleproctored test accepted by the Bonaire authorities for the required self-test upon arrival? I was under the impression that a self-administered, non-teleproctored test is worthless, because it's basically the honor system. I have a bunch of those at-home self-tests that our city handed out, and I have used them for peace of mind now and then but didn't believe the results would be accepted by anyone else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom