Just picked up some DAN 02 Bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Where in my area can I get these filled?

Area Code

I have my DAN O2 Provider course cert.

thanks

Where in my area can I get these filled?

Area Code

I have my DAN O2 Provider course cert.

thanks

you're in CA so lord only knows.... If your diveshop has DAN O2 kits *which they should* and they fill oxygen bottles, then they should have the pin index adapter to fill them.
If they don't, then find a technical diving shop and they will probably have the adapter, barring that the places that fill medical oxygen bottles MAY fill it with the O2 provider card and you'll have to call around.

Unfortunately unless someone lives in your area they probably wouldn't know where to get them filled as very few divers carry the DAN kits in lieu of deco bottles.
I hate the pin index valves and actually have integrated valves that fill from the CGA fitting on the big T-bottles which is nice, but they're a bit bigger to carry around.

I have a shop.. there are 90mins away. Its were I get most of my fills done after I burn through all my cylinders. Was hoping to find someone a tad closer if possible but I feel you are correct.

Would just as well use a AL80 or 40 but since I'm lacking the proper cert I'm sure even if I am just going to use for emergency they wont fill. Whether they trust me or not.

"integrated valves that fill from the CGA fitting on the big T-bottles" ?

1642032806654.png

Replaces the valve and it has a CGA320 connector which is the same as the big T-bottle valves which makes it easy to fill. Also has a DISS port on it for the MTV-100

Call around the industrial gas suppliers in your area. My supplier won't fill USP (medical grade) without a written prescription, but will happily fill medical bottles with aviation grade.

Talk to your doctor, he may provide you with a scrip if you let him know what it's for.

its difficult. here in MA you need an Rx, but if you can find a place for avgas great. I however live near the NH border and have a place (arcsource) that will fill bottles, exchange bottles, and sell bottles. Size D full was $78.

its difficult. here in MA you need an Rx, but if you can find a place for avgas great. I however live near the NH border and have a place (arcsource) that will fill bottles, exchange bottles, and sell bottles. Size D full was $78.

Or a provider cert. When I got mine filled I just showed the shop my provider card. In some states having that bottle without the provider card or rx is the same as a bottle of morphine.

In some states having that bottle without the provider card or rx is the same as a bottle of morphine.
Which States would this be?

O2 is definitely NOT, for sure, no doubt about it, a schedule 2 drug

Back
Top Bottom