DIR- GUE Stage bottle rigging recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm aware of stage bottle rigging from Halcyon and Dive Rite. Obviously the Halcyon product would be fine with GUE divers. How about the one from Dive Rite?

I'm talking about this: Stage Bottle Rigging Kit - Dive Rite

I ask because I want to learn how to use a stage bottle at some point. I need to spend more money at an online shop before I qualify for free shipping. I could buy the rigging now.
Not the total end of the world like old skool metal-to-metal connections. But much less than ideal for the reasons @PfcAJ mentioned.

Personally the giant clips can be helpful with thick dryglove liners on in bitter cold water <5C, except I rarely wear super thick dry glove liners anymore. I use suit heat to keep me warmer overall and can get away with thinner liner gloves - mostly so I can write better in survey notes. The side benefit is not needing giant boltsnaps everywhere.

I would pass on the diverite kit

I don't know that it wouldn't be compatible with GUE and they'll probably look at you funny, but I would say that you would be best off spending your money elsewhere. The line version from DGX for example is about $45. This is about as cheap as you can make them unless you're making a bunch of them. I keep the fuel line around for project cars as well as stage leashes and stage rigging and same with the line, but to buy a full roll of the line, tubular webbing, and fuel hose is not cheap.
Old LP hose works too in lieu of fuel line.

I found this small e-book informative as far as making your own rigging.

$22 if you don't want to do "arts and crafts" and source each component separately. Cheaper than the DGX kit and it's good to go.

Coming late to the party, but does anyone have a link to the procedure for switching from your stage bottle to your back gas? Description and/or video would be awesome.

Coming late to the party, but does anyone have a link to the procedure for switching from your stage bottle to your back gas? Description and/or video would be awesome.
Unclip long hose, bop the purge so you know it works, take out stage reg, insert long hose, stow stage reg and turn off bottle. Situation dependent you might wanna let your buddy know you’re doin in.

Sol, come to Bob Sherwood and Heison Chak's spring workshop next May. Stage bottle procedure is on the short list for offerings.

I did the stage bottle workshop with Steve Millington a few years ago at their spring workshop, and it was awesome. There's a few hours for each session, so you get to practice quite a bit on land and in the water with a GUE instructor.

Reactions: Sol
Sol, come to Bob Sherwood and Heison Chak's spring workshop next May. Stage bottle procedure is on the short list for offerings.

I did the stage bottle workshop with Steve Millington a few years ago at their spring workshop, and it was awesome. There's a few hours for each session, so you get to practice quite a bit on land and in the water with a GUE instructor.
By then I'll have a whole list of other things to work on ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom