Carnival postponed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I saw some chatter, discussion, and wiseass remarks on Facebook about "Carnival 2022 postponed until there are better health conditions" with a link to a youtube flick of a lady explaining in Spanish. I have not seen any other announcements. Anyone who understands the video want to explain who she is and what she's saying...?

This could certainly affect air travel, hotel bookings, and general island life around the original dates of February 23-March2.

Rough transition via translation software

Friends of Cozumel, the evolution of the pandemic that affects all regions of the world, this forces us to be cautious in the face of the changing scenarios of this disease. In order to adapt without lowering our guard and continuing with the sanitary measures that during the last week the whole world has been suffering an excessive increase in the cases of people who have tested positive and our municipality is not. The exception according to the behavior that this new bundle of infections has had since its inception the experts have managed to determine all the regions of the world where it has been presented characterized by a rapid growth of positive cases until reaching a maximum .

contagions until reaching a minimum of almost 0 all this in a relatively short period of time in Cozumel. Consulting the medical community to take the appropriate actions that allow us to reduce the impact that this new wave of contagion can cause in our economic and social. Since the announcement we made in November of last year about the realization of the greatest of our traditions, we emphasized that it would be possible if the health security conditions allowed us and we have maintained a constant call to maintain security protocols. However in recent weeks the national and world scene has changed significantly.

It is in this sense yesterday working meeting of the organizing committee of the Cozumel Carnival 2022 with the assessment of the technical opinion of the health authorities and the data that have been put into consideration in relation to the evolution and scenarios possible cases of the epidemic due to covid-19 in Cozumel we have decided to postpone the events around the celebration of the Cozumel 2022 carnival until the conditions to carry it out are adequate. This decision is taken with great responsibility and with termination prevailing the health of our population and of our visitors we must act in time so as not to go back further at the epidemiological traffic light and that the economic reactivation of our destination may be put at risk for a longer time as well as to preserve at all times the progress made in this regard I appreciate the responsibility and solidarity of the

great of the organizing committee of the Carnival with this measure and I hope the understanding of the candidates and especially of all the carnivalists we know that locally I am there to celebrate our festivals and traditions that the spirit does not fall that is not a goddess like that in other parts of the country and the world where the mines have been made, the decision is just I hope little more so that we can all celebrate how the carnival party that characterizes us should be and in the best conditions, society reiterated the call to maintain In health measures we must always be attentive to take care of ourselves and our own, yes indeed we said to return more quickly to our activities, we must be all in solidarity and show commitment and stay united and work together.

If we have symptoms, keeping them isolated in our homes, in our work centers or on the street, taking care of measures to guarantee our health and that of always taking care of our most vulnerable population with social distancing and constant adherence to health protocols, we vow that Soon and with a clearer scenario Entel evolution of this pandemic we present to you the readjustment of the Cozumel 2022 Carnival calendar.

It is in this sense yesterday working meeting of the organizing committee of the Cozumel Carnival 2022 with the assessment of the technical opinion of the health authorities and the data that have been put into consideration in relation to the evolution and scenarios possible cases of the epidemic due to covid-19 in Cozumel we have decided to postpone the events around the celebration of the Cozumel 2022 carnival until the conditions to carry it out are adequate.
Thanks. I guess this parts clarifies that it's postpone until further notice.

[/QUOTE]
I saw some chatter, discussion, and wiseass remarks on Facebook about "Carnival 2022 postponed until there are better health conditions" with a link to a youtube flick of a lady explaining in Spanish. I have not seen any other announcements. Anyone who understands the video want to explain who she is and what she's saying...?

This could certainly affect air travel, hotel bookings, and general island life around the original dates of February 23-March2.

The lady in the video is Juanita Alonso, the Municipal Presidente (Mayor) of Cozumel

Like EVERYONE has COVID on the island....
Everyone everywhere has covid right now, 1.5 million cases in US yesterday and due to a shortage of test kits its estimated the real # is 10X. Should start rolling off in a week or so and appears to already be decreasing in the heavy urban areas of the East coast.
I can understand the postponing (cancelling) of it though. It's not just a few parades at the end of February but a 5 week long series of events that was supposed to kick off January 25th. I do not think anyone, including city hall, was happy about this.

True. I think the City is losing a LOT of money on down payments for musicians and act that they booked for Carnaval.

I hope you are right in numbers. I listened to Gov Hogan in MD last week and he was thinking 4-5 weeks until it hit a peak with as much as a 2/3s increase in hospital admissions. Like you said, are the number decreasing or is it less testing?

That "lady explaining in Spanish" - is the Current Municipal President - a/k/a Mayor - basically, Carnival is postponed until current conditions improve with the most recent outbreak in efforts mitigate the severity of the outbreak. So new dates are TBD

That "lady explaining in Spanish" - is the Current Municipal President - a/k/a Mayor - basically, Carnival is postponed until current conditions improve with the most recent outbreak in efforts mitigate the severity of the outbreak. So new dates are TBD
OMG look at you!!! Trade the bikini and flip flops in for the wool knit stocking cap!!! Hope all things are good for you!!

This was posted a few days ago - a few banks and Pizza Hut are temp closed for lack of employees...

#FaroQrNoticias
1200 tourists tested positive for Covid in Cozumel in recent days.
More than 200 foreign tourists visiting Cozumel tested positive for Covid-19, Pablo Aguilar Torres, representative of the Tourism Promotion Council in Quintana Roo (CPTQ).
The official explained that just over 2 thousand rapid tests were conducted in the last week, reporting 60% of positive cases among visitors to the island.
As a preventive measure, they were isolated in their hotel rooms until their recovery allowed them to return to their places of origin.
It ended up emphasizing that in accordance with the protocols, when a tourist is in this situation, the hotel where he is staying gives him a "preference" fee so that it does not affect his economy.
This "special" fee is $60 a night.
However, they also have the option to buy $29 per person insurance, so that in case they come out positive, they are no longer charged anything until they are cured.
It is worth emphasizing that from December to last January 15, there are a record of 95 thousand 868 visitors, of which only 2% were tested.

PS: Nivo started working for me two days ago :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom