Question Scopolamine... where to get and cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Out of pocket is around 35 dollars for 4 patches with GoodRx. If you have a good relationship with your PCP they might even do it with a phone call request. Certainly ask for it with your next checkup.

BTW. There is no way that I would take any drug off ebay. “Legal” or not. No telling what you are actually getting. Hard enough to control ingredients through reputable manufactures/suppliers.
Sure, but the U.S. has the highest drug prices anywhere in the world. There is a huge, huge difference between buying off eBay and ordering from a reputable actual pharmacist in a developed country.

Ahh, but it is still available through fleabay. Check for Kwells. This is scop in a tablet form, much more preferable (IMHO) because you can meter the dosage.

Made by Bayer, if you know someone traveling through Europe, it should be available OTC

BTW. There is no way that I would take any drug off ebay. “Legal” or not. No telling what you are actually getting. Hard enough to control ingredients through reputable manufactures/suppliers.
I know there's some things that are just better searched through the proper channels.. I just don't personally feel this is one of them.... but then again the schnozberries might taste like schnozberries...(jk)

For what it's worth the link that was sent to me a few years ago for ebay was from a set of divers who had been using them for a while and none of them grew an extra arm or anything.. not a guarantee, but still safer than the guy on the corner.
Ahh, but it is still available through fleabay. Check for Kwells. This is scop in a tablet form, much more preferable (IMHO) because you can meter the dosage.

Made by Bayer, if you know someone traveling through Europe, it should be available OTC
I looked up Kwells, the ingredient isn't Scopolamine? Am I missing something? Do the pills really work as well as the patch?

I know there's some things that are just better searched through the proper channels.. I just don't personally feel this is one of them.... but then again the schnozberries might taste like schnozberries...(jk)

For what it's worth the link that was sent to me a few years ago for ebay was from a set of divers who had been using them for a while and none of them grew an extra arm or anything.. not a guarantee, but still safer than the guy on the corner.

I looked up Kwells, the ingredient isn't Scopolamine? Am I missing something? Do the pills really work as well as the patch?
Same stuff:

From Wikipedia:
"Hyoscine" redirects here. For Other uses, see Hyoscine (disambiguation).
"Devil's Breath" redirects here. For the novel, see The Devil's Breath.
Scopolamine
Scopolamine, also known as hyoscine,[6] or Devil's Breath,[7] is a natural or synthetically produced tropane alkaloid and anticholinergic drug that is formally used as a medication for treating motion sickness and postoperative nausea and vomiting.[8][1] It is also sometimes used before surgery to decrease saliva.[1] When used by injection, effects begin after about 20 minutes and last for up to 8 hours.[1] It may also be used orally and as a transdermal patch.[1] It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines.[9]

From the UK NIH website:

Key facts​

• Hyoscine hydrobromide is mainly used to prevent travel sickness.
  • The most common side effects are a dry mouth, constipation and blurred vision.
  • The travel sickness tablets come in different strengths: 300 micrograms for adults, 150 micrograms for children.
  • Do not give travel sickness tablets to children under the age of 4 years. Do not give the patches to children under the age of 10 years.
  • Popular brand names for the travel sickness tablets are Kwells, Kwells Kids and Joy-Rides. The patches are called Scopaderm.

Same stuff:

From Wikipedia:
"Hyoscine" redirects here. For Other uses, see Hyoscine (disambiguation).
"Devil's Breath" redirects here. For the novel, see The Devil's Breath.
Scopolamine
Scopolamine, also known as hyoscine,[6] or Devil's Breath,[7] is a natural or synthetically produced tropane alkaloid and anticholinergic drug that is formally used as a medication for treating motion sickness and postoperative nausea and vomiting.[8][1] It is also sometimes used before surgery to decrease saliva.[1] When used by injection, effects begin after about 20 minutes and last for up to 8 hours.[1] It may also be used orally and as a transdermal patch.[1] It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines.[9]

From the UK NIH website:

Key facts​

• Hyoscine hydrobromide is mainly used to prevent travel sickness.
  • The most common side effects are a dry mouth, constipation and blurred vision.
  • The travel sickness tablets come in different strengths: 300 micrograms for adults, 150 micrograms for children.
  • Do not give travel sickness tablets to children under the age of 4 years. Do not give the patches to children under the age of 10 years.
  • Popular brand names for the travel sickness tablets are Kwells, Kwells Kids and Joy-Rides. The patches are called Scopaderm.
Thank you very much for the informative post!

Sadly my insurance wouldn't cover them. We payed full price but for the life of me I don't remember the price. Was a while ago.

I have paid for a prescription in the US and i recall it was about $90 USD/ 4 patches. Expensive.

I usually buy it OTC at any pharmacy in Canada when i go there each year. I bought some last year and it was $24 CAN / 4 patches.

Kwells are Scopolamine. Hyoscine is the same thing. Makes it so I can go on a dive boat without feeling sick and throwing up.

Sadly my insurance wouldn't cover them. We payed full price but for the life of me I don't remember the price. Was a while ago.
I think my insurance will cover at least a part

Kwells are Scopolamine. Hyoscine is the same thing. Makes it so I can go on a dive boat without feeling sick and throwing up.

Anyone know where to get Kwells for less?

I think my insurance will cover at least a part

Anyone know where to get Kwells for less?
Try here Travacalm Hyoscine Only 10 Tablets
I didn't follow it through to see if they will ship to the USA but in the past I have always found someone who would ship. It is going to cost $1 a pill delivered, in my experience. But in the whole scope of diving that seems cheap to not get sick, and I used to get really sick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom