Recent diving in Ambergris Cage, Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haiawata

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
HI, fellow divers,
has anybody been to Ambergris Caye recently? I am considering my options for 10-day trip in December. I have been repeatedly there about 15-17 years ago. That was a great place but deteriorated rapidly, so I did not revisited since. Now, with limited travel and diving options, I include this place into considerations. I will appreciate your feedback on diving Belize.

Thanks, and have happy bubbles in your current waters.

HI, fellow divers,
has anybody been to Ambergris Caye recently? I am considering my options for 10-day trip in December. I have been repeatedly there about 15-17 years ago. That was a great place but deteriorated rapidly, so I did not revisited since. Now, with limited travel and diving options, I include this place into considerations. I will appreciate your feedback on diving Belize.

Thanks, and have happy bubbles in your current waters.
Good question. Also looking fwd to some FB here.

Hi Tridacna, did you get info on Ambergris Caye divig these days?
Nope. Still waiting. Used to go a lot - waiting to see if it got any better.

I was just there in Sept/Oct, thought the sites around San Pedro were great, and loved our trip out to Turneffe. I too would be curious as to what your earlier concerns were.

Reefs are ok now
Gotcha. From what I could tell, the beaches are not that great, so I opted for Hopkins Bay. Got to keep the wife happy while I'm off diving at Grover's Reef and South Water Caye (and others)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom