Live aboard in Western Hemisphere

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you guys rate the turks and caicos aggressor ????
I was on it last June and had a good trip. If you like Caribbean diving I think you will like it, but if you are looking for wrecks or big animals then you will be disappointed.

Hmm , an odd wreck dive here or there would be nice , lol , otherwise I’d get homesick , given I’m usually diving Lake Michigan :yeahbaby:

Hopefully the 78 degree water and 100' visibility will balance out the lack of wrecks-

Bahamas has a few wrecks, we dove a barge, an airplane and there was a Jeep on one of the drift dives.

I would like to throw my opinion into the mix.

First of all, I agree wholeheartedly with the Aquacat. The previous replies pretty much nailed it. It has spacious cabins (not necesarily luxurious, but big & comfortable (Each cabin has a mini fridge although I honestly don't know why, but it is there if you need/want it.) the dive deck is spacious, the food (buffet style) is great, and the crew is amazing. I have been on her 5 times and I expect that I will take future trips on her. Someone will be available to pick you up at the airport and take you to the boat (and back to the airport after the trip). I also agree to the comments made above regarding the diving. If you want 5star accommodation, then perhaps fly in a day early and spend Friday night at Atlantis. It is only about a 5 minute walk from Atlantis to the boat.

As an alternate choice, I would recommend the Turks and Caicos Explorer II. For me, it has 3 big draws. Again, it is certainly not a 5 Star resort, but withing a few minutes of arriving, the incredible crew will make you feel like the boat is your home (but without the annoying relatives). The diving tends to be fairly similar from one dive to the next - sandy, shallow flats leading to a wall that drops of into the abyss. The third thing that it has going for it (IMHO) is that the dives tend to be relatively "Sharky".

I have done both of those LOBs, and I feel confident in recommending either of them.

As recall my T&C trip on the Aggressor boat two years ago there were sharks checking us out on nearly every dive. The food was great too.

If you haven't booked yet have a look at Explorer Ventures liveaboard operating out of st Martin but diving in Saba. Best kept secret in the Caribbean and great trip

Awesome I will look into that , I went in a completely different direction and signed up for a sidemount and cavern course in the cenotes in Mexico . Guess couldn’t keep myself from more high pressure situations 🤣🤣🤣

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom