A repository of 3D print STL sources

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This could be printed in some colorful filament and put in a clear PVC pipe for an extra mad-science looking compressor.

Otherwise, a more simple design of a rod with alternated spacers and flat swiss-cheesed disks would probably work well and be easier to fabricate.

@James79 is a mad scientist!

Here's one from last night. No supports needed.
20210501_073041.jpg

Next overly complicated print I just made.

Made a ring for my regulator mouthpiece that has rings on the side to allow me to attach a necklace. Final result came out really nice and tight around the mouthpiece. Can't move it at all. Used PETG with this one for some flexibility. Uses a 3mmx10 screw that self taps into the ring. Material cost to print $0.04 and took 16minutes.

I designed it to work with my Deep6 reg. So no idea if it would be usable for you guys.

Reg_neck2.jpg

Attachments

• Reg_necklass1.jpg
    Reg_necklass1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 221
  • Reg_Necklass.stl
    240.2 KB · Views: 86
Next overly complicated print I just made.

Made a ring for my regulator mouthpiece that has rings on the side to allow me to attach a necklace. Final result came out really nice and tight around the mouthpiece. Can't move it at all. Used PETG with this one for some flexibility. Uses a 3mmx10 screw that self taps into the ring. Material cost to print $0.04 and took 16minutes.

I designed it to work with my Deep6 reg. So no idea if it would be usable for you guys.

View attachment 656948

That's pretty awesome. I think I'll make one and try it out next time I service my regs. Looks like it would be a cleaner/easier way to do a DIY necklace.

Last year I designed some brackets for hanging up various bits of kit for washing down. For some reson thingiverse didn't render the individual STL's. Printed in ABS.
Scuba Diving Kit Wall Brackets by nickorossa

I also designed some weight retaining clips too. I printed in ABS, and haven't broken one yet.... Great for using up small amounts on the end of a filament roll.
Scuba Diving Weight Retainer by nickorossa

Nick.

Din Tank Silencer

I didn't design it, but I wanted it so I bought the design. It wasn't $7 when I bought it either, but it works really well. I've heard both the commercially available and now this one and I can't tell a difference. I printed in PETG with 3 walls and I think 60% infill.

20211217_082311.jpg

Din Tank Silencer

I didn't design it, but I wanted it so I bought the design. It wasn't $7 when I bought it either, but it works really well. I've heard both the commercially available and now this one and I can't tell a difference. I printed in PETG with 3 walls and I think 60% infill.

Seems like a simple enough design to re-create. I might just do that, and make it a little beefier. Would hate for something like that to burst from the rush of air through it.

Din Tank Silencer

edit: nm, you answered the question already.

Just had a look at all the mixing stick designs. Why not print a helicoid?

The polycarbonate tube in the 1st photo has an outer diameter of 50mm and inner diameter of 46mm.
Half a turn is 46mm in height, which prevents printing-in-the-air.
Print clockwise and counterclockwise helicoids, and you have the best mix combined with least resistance.

1641834361779.png
1641834426989.png
1641834491017.png

Back
Top Bottom