2022 Dive Goals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
CT-Rich

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
So, everyone finished the holiday ‘I was a good boy or girl’ gear purchases (don’t lie, you emailed links and it was paid for from a joint account). What did St Amazon deliver?

Now that you are tricked out as the scuba whore you really are, what are your gear/diving goals for 2022?

My niece just got certified and will be joining my daughter and I for some easy Shore diving as she gets in practice to build comfort level. Then dive with seals, sharks, some easy wrecks. Praying we have nice weekends this summer.

1. Getting more dives in, building experience
2. Getting my standard recreational backplate + wing configuration dialed in
3. Getting certified in Deep diving and/or current & drift diving

Dive more... rekindle my love affair with the ocean.

Same goal as previous years - dive every weekend.

I actually hadn't missed a weekend dive from April 2013 until I had some health issues in June 2019. Once I was back in the water in September 2019 my run was going well until our useless state government locked us down for over 3 months from July to October.

My other goal is to see as many species and individual syngnathids as I can on every every dive. I think my record is 6 species and more than 40 individuals.

So, everyone finished the holiday ‘I was a good boy or girl’ gear purchases (don’t lie, you emailed links and it was paid for from a joint account). What did St Amazon deliver?

Now that you are tricked out as the scuba whore you really are, what are your gear/diving goals for 2022?

Guilty as charged...After getting my BP/Wing and dry suit in December, my 2022 goals are improving SAC and trim, hitting the #100 dives!

1. Get proficient diving with a dry suit.
2. Dive as many new local sites as possible.
3. Try to spot a new (to me) marine species on each dive.

With the current situation, I’ll settle with getting more dives and not being blown out by the ever changing wind in Brighton: got 7 dives cancelled out of 7 in the south east coast of the UK last year, never saw the Brighton Marina except online :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom