Question What are Komodo/Raja Ampat diving conditions like in late March / early April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not in Jakarta, at least to my experience in October 2021; and the people we know; we're confined in the room, they kept room key/card - not allowed to go outside; meal/drink on-line order are forbidden.
If any and known by public - particularly spread in the social media - the hotel will be removed from the list of approved quarantine hotel and fined significant amount of money. Had happened to at least two hotels in Jakarta.

I dont know the situation in Manado quarantine hotel. Certainly not the rule. Once the public knows and become an incident; deportation is waiting.
There are law abiding operator as well as unscrupulous.
I won't be very happy if other resident who is supposed to be also under quarantine roaming around the establishment without any bother!
What is the definition of 'quarantine'?
I hope the authority is NOT taking too kindly to this blatant disregard of LAW.

Hi - to be frank I am not aware that there is a clear definition of the LAW and if you claim this is a blatant disregard of law, then maybe I should I ask you what you base that on. I believe that prior to omicron the general idea is to keep someone in a confined space away from the general population for a period of time that may avert the possibility of them passing on anything they were carrying to the general population, attended to by a fully vaccinated staff who would feel safe to a limited interact with them. Remember this quarantine is not about people who have tested positive, it is about anyone who arrives in the country. If someone is quarantined for positive covid test then maybe they are put in a special facility but to my knowledge and feedback from those who have been quarantined, who have got negative PCR test before and on arrival, this was not the same case. This was not in Jakarta and I am not speaking for the government nor do I speak for a specific property as they may not be following strict protocol, but I am speaking from feedback. I would not say that people who have undergone multiple negative tests but are allowed to stay within strict environments, follow rules of mask wearing, social distancing and regular handwashing, should be deemed as criminals if they are permitted to walk around their hotel premises, but that is a personal position. Respectfully yours.

Hi - to be frank I am not aware that there is a clear definition of the LAW and if you claim this is a blatant disregard of law, then maybe I should I ask you what you base that on. I believe that prior to omicron the general idea is to keep someone in a confined space away from the general population for a period of time that may avert the possibility of them passing on anything they were carrying to the general population, attended to by a fully vaccinated staff who would feel safe to a limited interact with them. Remember this quarantine is not about people who have tested positive, it is about anyone who arrives in the country. If someone is quarantined for positive covid test then maybe they are put in a special facility but to my knowledge and feedback from those who have been quarantined, who have got negative PCR test before and on arrival, this was not the same case. This was not in Jakarta and I am not speaking for the government nor do I speak for a specific property as they may not be following strict protocol, but I am speaking from feedback. I would not say that people who have undergone multiple negative tests but are allowed to stay within strict environments, follow rules of mask wearing, social distancing and regular handwashing, should be deemed as criminals if they are permitted to walk around their hotel premises, but that is a personal position. Respectfully yours.
This is Indonesia sub-forum NOT France or somewhere else!
Read #15. Happened in Jakarta ie. Indonesia.

So Manado has different standard to implement "quarantine"!

Not in Jakarta, at least to my experience in October 2021; and the people we know; we're confined in the room, they kept room key/card - not allowed to go outside; meal/drink on-line order are forbidden.
That happened in October, 3 months ago. Don't you think things might change by now.

No secret and no disrespect to you or the forum but the boat did not ask me to publish this info and from time to time I see a certain amount of bad mouthing and negative remarks generated by controversial issues. So my preference is to contribute positive remarks when I can, and if anyone wishes to get further details, then they are free to contact me direct, as have several people already contacted me by email and I have replied fully to them with all details. You can do the same and of course you are then at liberty to do what you want with the info.
Are you aware of the huge consequences for anybody who would violate the quarantine rules? Jail, deportation and blacklisted.

That happened in October, 3 months ago. Don't you think things might change by now.
Became more strict actually. On the other hand, I estimate that within several weeks there will be so many Omicron cases in Jakarta that international arrival restrictions might be halted again. Would not be surprised by domestic restrictions in Indonesia. The situation could become that you can arrive in Jakarta without quarantine but you cannot travel to Papua for example.

@Dom@DiveAdvice I'll feedback that what you said does not give me confidence in depending on the info you are providing via your comments. I understand that you were concerned about balancing the information we hear but what you said was that you are only going to give positive comments regardless of the actual situation but you'll give me the real info if directly contacted. Having to discern when I'm getting accurate or the full info or whether it is getting sugarcoated is not a quality I want in an advisor. Having to make that judgement is not a positive. I'd rather comments capture the actual situation regardless of how good or bad it is.
It's COVID time. Yes, it sucks. We'll continue to get more variants because of a natural progression, the huge volume of people involved and too many people rejecting science that's protected people for years because the Internet told them to. So I don't think this travel problem is going away in a matter of months even though I want it to.

@Dom@DiveAdvice I'll feedback that what you said does not give me confidence in depending on the info you are providing via your comments. I understand that you were concerned about balancing the information we hear but what you said was that you are only going to give positive comments regardless of the actual situation but you'll give me the real info if directly contacted. Having to discern when I'm getting accurate or the full info or whether it is getting sugarcoated is not a quality I want in an advisor. Having to make that judgement is not a positive. I'd rather comments capture the actual situation regardless of how good or bad it is.
It's COVID time. Yes, it sucks. We'll continue to get more variants because of a natural progression, the huge volume of people involved and too many people rejecting science that's protected people for years because the Internet told them to. So I don't think this travel problem is going away in a matter of months even though I want it to.
I guess you have never booked a trip through @Dom@DiveAdvice . I have. Several times. He gave me a thorough booking, trip preparation info, advice with some best deal, which I would not have gotten otherwise if I book the trip directly from the liveaboard company.

One of the reason that you are confined to your own room.

Back
Top Bottom