Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just back from a group dive trip to Bonaire over New Years. Two people in our group and 8-10 in another US group tested positive. At first they were saying we all needed to quarantine 5 days even if we tested negative. This was two days before our scheduled departure. After a day in quarantine and some pressure from the US consulate those who tested negative on another test were released from quarantine. i made it home and felt fortunate that we only missed one day of diving.
Where were you staying on Bonaire?

This was posted this morning by a very reliable FB forum moderator and Delta employee.

Dear all
I would like to request from the bottom of my heart everyone that are coming and the ones that are here to please follow the authorities requirements. Come to Bonaire with the tests required and Negative, if you test positive in the island PLEASE stay in quarantine. Don’t move around the island, dont come to the airport just call your airlines to be rebooked. Dont put our locals at risk and me and colleagues as airport employees, if we get sick then there will be no employees to handle your flights.
If our locals get sick they cannot give you the best service that we do.
I do understand is a difficult situation to be stranded in an island thats not your home, but these are the risks of traveling now days.
Right now our active cases are higher then ever, and we need to get this down.
Thank you. 🙏🏼

This was posted this morning by a very reliable FB forum moderator and Delta employee.

Dear all
I would like to request from the bottom of my heart everyone that are coming and the ones that are here to please follow the authorities requirements. Come to Bonaire with the tests required and Negative, if you test positive in the island PLEASE stay in quarantine. Don’t move around the island, dont come to the airport just call your airlines to be rebooked. Dont put our locals at risk and me and colleagues as airport employees, if we get sick then there will be no employees to handle your flights.
If our locals get sick they cannot give you the best service that we do.
I do understand is a difficult situation to be stranded in an island thats not your home, but these are the risks of traveling now days.
Right now our active cases are higher then ever, and we need to get this down.
Thank you. 🙏🏼
Curaçao is being hit hard too, this ^ is great advice, I’m just staying home for awhile

Active cases on Bonaire are up from 359 reported on 1/4 to 720 reported today, 1/7--a 101% increase in three days. Hospitalizations up to five.

Does anyone know if you test poss and you quarentine, will both test, PCR and Antigen test, show pos for awhile? Thanks

Does anyone know if you test poss and you quarentine, will both test, PCR and Antigen test, show pos for awhile? Thanks
PCR is more sensitive than antigen, and more likely to show virus remnants for a long while.
What is your actual question, in the context of Bonaire?
If you are asking a generic testing/covid question, there are far better places to get answers than this thread or ScubaBoard.

My question is: I am out of quarentine now and have a trip planned to Bonaire from Aruba. My Aruba Dr. Says She will give me the paperwork to fly there. Bonaire says if you don't show a neg Antigen test, you are not coming. Thats my question!!

My question is: I am out of quarentine now and have a trip planned to Bonaire from Aruba. My Aruba Dr. Says She will give me the paperwork to fly there. Bonaire says if you don't show a neg Antigen test, you are not coming. Thats my question!!
I don't see what your question is. You are going to take an antigen test before you leave Aruba so you can enter Bonaire, right? What does PCR have to do with it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom