Info “The Aging Diver” Seminar with Dr Doug Ebersole (13 Jan 22)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello to all, glad to have found this board.
Lots of informative and entertaining posts here.
Sign me up, please!

I think I inadvertently got removed from the list....at least I hope it was inadvertent. Haha! :) Can you add me, please?

My apologies. You are correct - completely inadvertent. Adding you back in now.

We’ve reached liveaboard numbers in the headcount. If we get more passengers, I’ll have to install additional davits for a second RHIB.

1) @Divin'Papaw
2) @tursiops
3) @scubadada
4) @Wookie
5) @couv
6) @d^2b
7) @magoo
8) @Luis H
9) @Nemrod
10) @John C. Ratliff
11) @tridacna
12) @VsubT
13) @Bruce_Partridge
14) @RyanT
15) @boulderjohn
16) @Searcaigh
17) @Stever17
18) @Scubagolf
19) @blue sky
20) @AfterDark
21) @Sam Miller III
22) @Scott
23) @DiveProKoko
24) @txdamselfish
25) @rmssetc

I hope this will be put on YouTube (or equal). I will be on the road all that day.

I’m going to work with Off the Wall Adventures and @Dr. Doug Ebersole to see if we can record and post the seminar to the dive shop’s Facebook page. Dr Ebersole may have considerations I’m not sensitized to so I don’t want to make any promises.

DIR ear trumpet:

View attachment 699341

Non-DIR ear trumpet due to entanglement hazard.

View attachment 699342

Hopefully folks understood I posted the above in a jestful response to comments about some participants being hard of hearing.

In a totally non-humorous but thoroughly inspirational vein, I share the following world rowing record set by a 95 year old. I’ve spent the better part of my life around some real bad a$$ boys and girls but this guy is setting the bar pretty high for the rest of us. I only dream of crushing life like Dean Smith when I’m his age.

1641581761298.jpeg

Unfortunately I can never see Facebook posts. It always pops up a dialog that I have to log-in first. Hopefully the video can be linked to on ScubaBoard.

Hah! Me, too. I‘ll work on something to make it available for offline viewing.

Hah! Me, too. I‘ll work on something to make it available for offline viewing.

I don't recall actually seeing it done but videos on Facebook "should" be able to be linked in a ScubaBoard Post using the Media link in the same way as YouTube:

1641582302068.png

This list is MUCH longer than than before the upgrade last year. I understand it is super easy to add a video on Rumble. It is also pretty easy to record a session on Zoom in an MP4 format.

Folks, good news.

Off the Wall Adventures will provide a virtual broadcast of @Dr. Doug Ebersole ’s seminar.

I will get dial in data on Monday, 10 January and provide it to participants by DM.

I’m tracking the following tentative participants so far:

1) @Divin'Papaw
2) @tursiops
3) @scubadada
4) @Wookie

If you’d like to attend, please chime in here in this thread and I’ll update the virtual roster.

From my perspective, I think the information will be useful for younger dive instructors dealing with older students, those of us approaching senior years and those of you already arrived.
Could you please add me to the list. Thanks.

I
Hopefully folks understood I posted the above in a jestful response to comments about some participants being hard of hearing.

In a totally non-humorous but thoroughly inspirational vein, I share the following world rowing record set by a 95 year old. I’ve spent the better part of my life around some real bad a$$ boys and girls but this guy is setting the bar pretty high for the rest of us. I only dream of crushing life like Dean Smith when I’m his age.

View attachment 699366
If I can even get to 95 years old it'll be a miracle! Way to go Dean!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom