FYI: The rays were up north today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozcharlie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
a few photos from today, Think we saw 8 in total.
DSC09658.jpg
DSC09659.jpg
DSC09660.jpg
DSC09679.jpg
DSC09681.jpg

Beautiful photos.

What site were you diving?

Beautiful photos.

What site were you diving?
I get confused by the site names, think it was at or near Cantarell (some call it Eagle ray alley). Wasn’t paying too close of attention, but we dropped in roughly offshore from Hemingway’s/La Monina and got out in front of Peninsula Grand and Palmas Reales condos. The eagle rays were fairly deep (85-90 feet) at the start of the dive. Current was OK to start on the wall, was going pretty good by the end so we covered a fair distance

Awesome pictures, the Eagle Rays were the highlight of my November Coz trip. Very majestic creatures.

Big Eagle Ray at the end of the dive on Palancar Caves today over the sand.

Edit Also a huge Green Turtle on Chankanaab. I have seen loads of Hawksbills so this was fun.

Big Eagle Ray at the end of the dive on Palancar Caves today over the sand.

Edit Also a huge Green Turtle on Chankanaab. I have seen loads of Hawksbills so this was fun.

Glad to hear you are back down- hope you have a good trip! How long are you in Coz?

Awesome pictures of the eagle rays. I'm jealous.
Did you see those jellies on the same dive? Those photos look like they were taken with a macro lens.

Awesome pictures of the eagle rays. I'm jealous.
Did you see those jellies on the same dive? Those photos look like they were taken with a macro lens.
Same dive, not macro. While it all blurs together, I think I still had my WWL-C lens on (sometimes I will take it off and shoot through the short port with no WWL-C or macro), but I think I was just fooling around and left WWL-C on. I usually leave it zoomed in just a touch so distortion isn't too obvious . I did crop the photos so that is also making it look more macro like. These were medium size Jellies so that also helped things

Nice shots. The jellies can be tough to shoot especially with auto focus. Cantarel is sometimes called eagle ray wall or alley.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom