Any value to an old voit swimmaster?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whitrzac

Contributor
Reaction score
Came in a lot of stuff that I picked up, not clean enough to be a show piece, def not something most people would dive with...

Attachments

• 20220106_193619.jpg
    20220106_193619.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 20220106_193605.jpg
    20220106_193605.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 95
  • 20220106_193600.jpg
    20220106_193600.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 100
What telescope should I use to attempt to answer whatever it is you are asking

What telescope should I use to attempt to answer whatever it is you are asking

OP is asking if there's any

value to an old voit swimmaster​

People are asking around $50 for an average condition Voit MR12 on eBay. I have no idea if they are getting it though.

Parts are available with a little work if someone wants to try to get it back into service.

It does not have much valve, maybe $20-30 on ebay. The MR-12 first is fairly easy to service and the second stage is actually a really nice breathing reg if you replace the diaphragm with a modern one.

There are two separate items
Voit (Swimaster) MR 12 regulator
Sportsways Sea V SPG

Both companies have been out of business for 4 decades

Items appear to be well used bordering on abused

Good for parts or display as antique

Don't toss in land fill

SDM

I've rebuilt several MRII's and SeaVue gauges. Both are simple to overhaul and my MRII(s) breath great. They polish up real well too. Here are a few pics of mine (plus me diving with an MRII recently.). :) Kinda bullet-proof. I was given my sets but I've seen them on Ebay for $10 to $50 with the occasional outlier in the $100 range. YMMV

8HKyUI.jpg

H2bHBK.jpg

Q1Nm6j.jpg

NAvOZy.jpg

ZH8DZR.jpg

Mine has the label on the first stage half gone. Bummer....

Even just for the cost of shipping, someone should give them the love they deserve....

My first regulator (original MR12) in 1969. It was simple and worked great on many memorable dives in Lake Michigan, Superior and Erie plus Florida and Bahamas trips in the early 1970s.

First pic is me early 1970s getting ready to dive Lake Michigan. Second is the winter of 1971 working at Ocean Reef Club Key Largo.

We were changing a shaft under a big yacht. We blew up our "safety vests" and they handed us the long propellor shaft. We both sank to the bottom like rocks then had to swim kicking like mad to slide it through the strut LOL.......

My MR12 provided plenty of air :)

Oh the things you do when you're young!

Maybe restore and dive it?

IMG_2274.jpeg IMG_2276.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom