Drysuit recommendations for Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've yet to see any drysuiters around Florida so far; shelling out $2,000 for the suit and training seems like a complete overreaction for 2 months of the year... I'd love to be able to keep diving in Jan/Feb, but not for that pricetag.

I'll be diving this weekend maybe, and the water temperature floats between 70 and 75. This would be about the coldest the ocean would be in Florida, so I'll see if adding the extra layer I didn't take into the 68 degrees works.
Do you ever see yourself getting into deep tech dives or cave diving? Traveling anywhere besides Florida? If you don’t need one, don’t get one, but drysuits open up a lot of diving opportunities.

Do you ever see yourself getting into deep tech dives or cave diving? Traveling anywhere besides Florida? If you don’t need one, don’t get one, but drysuits open up a lot of diving opportunities.
I'm good on cave haha, I know some people love spelunking and all but I'm alright. I don't want to exchange my lease on life yet :p
Tech diving also likely no, I have no interest in whatever can be found 300 feet down. I've only been to 70 so far and can't see myself actively trying to pass the rec limit of 130.

I'm good on cave haha, I know some people love spelunking and all but I'm alright. I don't want to exchange my lease on life yet :p
Tech diving also likely no, I have no interest in whatever can be found 300 feet down. I've only been to 70 so far and can't see myself actively trying to pass the rec limit of 130.
Well, I guess there’s no reason for you to get one then, maybe save up for a 7mm semi dry for the cold months? They’re not too much more than a regular quality 7mm. Stay away from the cheap 7mm’s.

Well, I guess there’s no reason for you to get one then, maybe save up for a 7mm semi dry for the cold months? They’re not too much more than a regular quality 7mm. Stay away from the cheap 7mm’s.
Amazon has the Hollis Neotek XL/Short (gonna check measurements but I think that's what I need) marked down to $399 right now, might jump on that.

Yup, would be tight on my waist but I'd fit.

Amazon has the Hollis Neotek XL/Short (gonna check measurements but I think that's what I need) marked down to $399 right now, might jump on that.

Yup, would be tight on my waist but I'd fit.
Nice, I know someone with one, they like it.

Nice, I know someone with one, they like it.
I've had 3 or 4 people all saying it works, hopefully it isn't too tight on my waist haha. It sounds like a durable product, which would be nice. My 3mm looks like the seams are already unraveling a little with 10 dives.

I've had 3 or 4 people all saying it works, hopefully it isn't too tight on my waist haha. It sounds like a durable product, which would be nice. My 3mm looks like the seams are already unraveling a little with 10 dives.

You will love having pockets!

Yeah no... No I'm not doing 4,000 for a suit lol, I know it may "use NASA tech" but this ain't a space suit :p
Actually, where do you think the zipper technology came from? Most definitely space suits.

My first dry suit was a DIU used suit. It was less than half the price than new, but more importantly, I could try it on before buying it to ensure it fit properly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom