Question about dry suit leg squeeze

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edhjr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
First time using Bare Aqua-Trek Pro 1 last week experienced strong leg squeeze. How do i get air to dry suit legs offset leg squeeze? The Aqua-Trek dry suit size was 3XL, dry suit legs were long which made leg material to overlap and bunch up around my legs.
How do I alleviate lack of air pressure in legs? Can I physically allow air to enter into leg chambers/

Were you standing in a pool? Being vertical in shallow water (especially with head/neck above water) will get you the greatest squeeze. Once you get under water and trim out the leg squeeze should be gone.

Hello edhjr

Normally the problem with a horizontal position should be that you have too much air in the feet.

You may need to work on your trim so that your feet are along the body axis and not the lowest point of your setup.

As broncobowsher wrote, it is normal that the feet are compressed when you are standing or in a very vertical position in the water.

I hope I could help you

Greetings
Pareto

Yesterday got into shallow part of the pool, donned my BCD, connected drysuit to air hose which I believe caused extreme leg squeeze that lasted the entire pool session. I could not equalize the pressure around my legs. Diver trainer assisted me in getting trim that helped a little but the dive in my opinion was not enjoyable.

I have a Bare Trilam Pro Dry of which I had no problem diving the week before but, as I said yesterday’s entry was different. It is said I should open the shoulder dump valve all the way during practice, however, it seems to me, by having the shoulder valve partially open would allow air to circulate around my legs thus preventing leg squeeze? Adjust as needed.

Yesterday got into shallow part of the pool, donned my BCD, connected drysuit to air hose which I believe caused extreme leg squeeze that lasted the entire pool session. I could not equalize the pressure around my legs. Diver trainer assisted me in getting trim that helped a little but the dive in my opinion was not enjoyable.

I have a Bare Trilam Pro Dry of which I had no problem diving the week before but, as I said yesterday’s entry was different. It is said I should open the shoulder dump valve all the way during practice, however, it seems to me, by having the shoulder valve partially open would allow air to circulate around my legs thus preventing leg squeeze? Adjust as needed.
Go head down in the deep end, dump all the gas from your BCD using the hip dump, add enough gas to be neutal or a bit negative to the suit. Now you will have Mitchellin Man legs.

To escape, do a forward roll.

During your pool session you ought to get nice and flat and suit gas will travel along your back, past your waist into your legs. If you have bad trim, bent at the waist or generally not in a good position this will not happen. If you are running the suit too tight, maybe to avoid the task loading of suit and bcd control, you will also not get any gas in your legs while flat. You may also end up bruised by the suit.

Short swimsuit

Before I start a dive I ”stretch“ my suit. I close the dump valve, put a ton of air into the suit, and then move around, pull the legs up to make sure nothing is trapped, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom