Diving gear in Bangkok/Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought we were talking recreational equipment, and now you want me to give you a quotation for a Pro Tech Wing, which has to be from Aqualung?
BTW, I only pointed out to you that your statement: "Every store has different distributor affiliations " is not correct.

Divers here will in general end up paying about the same or less than on Scubastore, plus no import duties, no import hassles, etc.

I generally find equipment in Thailand to be very expensive compared to what I can purchase it in the UK, some items being more expensive by as much as 50-100%.
Take care and look around for the best deals. prices can vary significantly.

I generally find equipment in Thailand to be very expensive compared to what I can purchase it in the UK, some items being more expensive by as much as 50-100%.
Take care and look around for the best deals. prices can vary significantly.

This is so true.

Recently on a trip to the UK I purchased a brand new Cressi Aquapro 5R BCD, Weight Integrated Scuba BC for a little over ฿6,000 THB. Not the best BC in the world but less than half the price you would expect to pay over here. Although I didn't need a new BC, at that price it was too good a deal to pass up.
However, when purchasing any equipment over here I use a small shop in the Asok area of Bangkok called Divemaster Thailand (you can PM me for their contact details). I have found their prices to be better than any other retailers I have visited in Thailand and they are always willing to 'do a deal'. Maybe this is because they cater mainly for Thais who are not willing to pay the 'tourist/expat' prices.

I remember I was looking for a part for my camera once and called Divemaster-
They wanted 3,000 Baht for a price that was listed at 1,200 elsewhere!

The diving price murder in Thailand needs to stop! Or else I will go broke! hahaha....

Thanks for the store names and web addresses. I know what I want, so now I just need to find the best price.

Andy

Thanks for the store names and web addresses. I know what I want, so now I just need to find the best price.

Andy
For the best price, don't forget to include some 'normal' DC's as well, not just the big retailers. You might be surprised.

What is the best way to get back and forth from bkk to phu with your gear? Can you simply pay to take extra weight or buy an extra seat, or do I have to take the bus or night train? I plan on doing a liveaboard out of Phuket to the Similan Islands. My bag with clothes and dive gear should be around 25kg.

What is the best way to get back and forth from bkk to phu with your gear? Can you simply pay to take extra weight or buy an extra seat, or do I have to take the bus or night train? I plan on doing a liveaboard out of Phuket to the Similan Islands. My bag with clothes and dive gear should be around 25kg.
Why did you reply to a 12 year old thread instead of starting a new one?

If it’s 25 kg just get a second bag and pay for a second checked bag. Or put some more stuff in a carry on bag. Or pay the overweight bag fee.

Put that(12yrs old thread) aside!
The nearest train station(Surat Thani) is miles away. Therefore you need to take a bus first to make the connection. The railway station is tiny but there is a luggage storage facility.
The bus journey from HKT to BKK is about 12hrs.
Plane is the most sensible but expensive option.

You could pay for the extra luggage, but that tends to be expensive. Since most liveaboards will depart from Khao Lak, I would recommend a bus to Phuket via Khao Lak and get out there. No additional charges so will be the cheapest option and not much more travel time. Plus IMO the most convenient way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom