2022 Dive Goals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
CT-Rich

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
So, everyone finished the holiday ‘I was a good boy or girl’ gear purchases (don’t lie, you emailed links and it was paid for from a joint account). What did St Amazon deliver?

Now that you are tricked out as the scuba whore you really are, what are your gear/diving goals for 2022?

Sorry to her about your cancelled trip to Socorro.

Which boat & when in September would you be in Cocos?

I’ll be on Argo on Sep 26 to Oct 6. This trip is the 2nd rescheduled trip due to Covid. The original schedule was Sep 10-20, 2020, but Costa Rica was closed for US resident. It was rescheduled to Sep 10-20, 2021. Then a guest from the previous trip tested positive for Covid, grounded the whole crew & Under Sea Hunter group cancelled my trip and put us on Sep 26 - Oct 6, 2022. Keep fingers crossed for this one to finally go through.
Sept 6 on the Okeanos II.

My gear goals are simple. I want a Nauticam Zoom Gear for the Sony/Zeiss 16-70mm f/4 lens (Nauticam part #36174), but my LDS is having a very hard time getting a hold of one. (I have had it on order for almost a year.)
B&H or Adorama can’t help?

B&H or Adorama can’t help?
If I order through either of them, I have to pay duty (and depending on how it is shipped, possibly customs brokerage fees) which drive up the price.

Try to capitalise on the past 18 months investment in the rebreather. Have some nice dives booked for 2022 as long as covid doesn't screw it up.

Have this strange niggling fantasy to travel and dive in a place called "warm". No idea what that would be like though. Similarly looking forwards to flying with the rebreather; no idea what would that be like either!

Finally hit 1000 dives. Covid chaos has dramatically impacted our dive trips. Obviously 1000 is just a number, but a milestone nonetheless.

Finally hit 1000 dives. Covid chaos has dramatically impacted our dive trips. Obviously 1000 is just a number, but a milestone nonetheless.
Congratulations on 1000, I'm trying to get to 2500 before I am too old and infirm to dive. So far, so good 2129. A couple of more good years should do it.

Well, hoping the US/Canada border (and thus the River) remains open without stupid restrictions of the past 2 years, and with that I will get out to my mystery wreck......

I don't see a warm water trip in the upcoming year as we attempt to get out of the financial crush we took for the last 1.5 years.

Maybe there will be opportunities to get out on Erie, IDK...

I've pushed my reservations at Tobermory for the third straight year. Maybe we will get there once again.

I lost by buddy to COVID, and have to reestablish how I dive the St. Lawrence...

My goals are pretty basic - do the PADI ReActivate thing, get a couple dives in Maui in March, and dive with my son on our cruise in May. If I can do some local diving as well, so much the better. Maybe by next Christmas I'll be in a place to put dive stuff on my Christmas list, but for now I'm good with renting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom