Bubbles coming from my drysuit Inflator valve - probably a leak? Should I repair or replace?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryebrye

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was reviewing a couple of clips from a dive and in one "selfie" clip I noticed some bubbles coming from my inflator valve area.

I cropped / zoomed into that part of the video to try to focus in on what I saw and posted a clip here on YouTube:

When I got done with the dive was definitely damp in the front - it was a really shallow dive and I didn't put much air in my suit during the dive (maybe a couple of puffs total), I thought I might have bumped up on my release valve on the arm at some point and since there was no air to let out I might have let water in via the valve - but seeing the bubbles at the inflator valve makes me think that was the culprit.

It's an older apeks inflator valve (as you can probably tell by the shiny button in the video) - before I start to look into this more I want to double check that it's definitely not a normal place for air bubbles to leak out.

I suggest you put "drysuit" in front of "inflator" in your title.
I kept looking for your low-pressure inflator.

I would repar because I do it myself. If I was having someone else do it, I would compare prices as sometimes replacement is effectively the same price as repair, only now one has a new unit.

I would repar because I do it myself. If I was having someone else do it, I would compare prices as sometimes replacement is effectively the same price as repair, only now one has a new unit.
I agree. It is maybe $50 for a whole new Apeks valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom