2022 Dive Goals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
CT-Rich

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
So, everyone finished the holiday ‘I was a good boy or girl’ gear purchases (don’t lie, you emailed links and it was paid for from a joint account). What did St Amazon deliver?

Now that you are tricked out as the scuba whore you really are, what are your gear/diving goals for 2022?

Stay healthy, stay fit to dive, and enjoy more of the same South FL diving that I did in 2021. Log at least 50 dives, ideally 60+.

Hopefully see some of the critters on my bucket list … Sawtooth, Tiger Shark, Great Hammerhead, Manta Ray, Whale Shark. EDIT: just thought of one more animal on my bucket list that can be seen in the waters where I dive regularly. A leatherback sea turtle.

One of these days I’d like to get back up to Morehead City NC but probably not this year.

No plans for any new gear or additional training.

Are you hooked in with the photographers in the NWDiveClub crew (Eric, Jess, etc.)
Yes. We dived with them in October at God's Pocket, and I've been on NWDiveClub for a while now. We'll be making the Thursday night dive with them, as well as Keystone and maybe a few other sites. On the 15th we will be on a boat with Dave Hicks.
Due to spawns? I need to get over there more. I haven't dove from a boat in the Sound yet - it has been all shore for me so far.
I'm looking forward to shore dives without waves and having to climb down a cliff to get to the water. Shore diving in California is a bit more work. :)

I canceled my trip to Socorro that leaves on Wednesday. In light of the possibility of getting stuck in a hotel room in Mexico due to a breakthrough infection, or not being able get there/back at all because of a flight cancellation, I think it was the right call, but it still stinks. I'm just hoping things settle down by June when my final payment for Cocos in September is due.

My gear goals are simple. I want a Nauticam Zoom Gear for the Sony/Zeiss 16-70mm f/4 lens (Nauticam part #36174), but my LDS is having a very hard time getting a hold of one. (I have had it on order for almost a year.) I also want a Shearwater (compatible) Transmitter for my Perdix AI. I would not be offended to also pick up a Peregrine as a Back-up DC.

My dive goals are almost as simple. Due to life in general and issues associated with traveling over the last little while, I have not been diving since March 2019. PLEASE let me get to some nice tropical location with warm, clear water to jump into!

I canceled my trip to Socorro that leaves on Wednesday. In light of the possibility of getting stuck in a hotel room in Mexico due to a breakthrough infection, or not being able get there/back at all because of a flight cancellation, I think it was the right call, but it still stinks. I'm just hoping things settle down by June when my final payment for Cocos in September is due.
Sorry to her about your cancelled trip to Socorro.

Which boat & when in September would you be in Cocos?

I’ll be on Argo on Sep 26 to Oct 6. This trip is the 2nd rescheduled trip due to Covid. The original schedule was Sep 10-20, 2020, but Costa Rica was closed for US resident. It was rescheduled to Sep 10-20, 2021. Then a guest from the previous trip tested positive for Covid, grounded the whole crew & Under Sea Hunter group cancelled my trip and put us on Sep 26 - Oct 6, 2022. Keep fingers crossed for this one to finally go through.

We just postponed our trip to Cozumel from February to April for all the same reasons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom