Question about Perdix and Transmitter Rubber O-rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the 011 for LP Duro 75 or Duro 90? And they would be Viton correct?

Is the 011 for LP Duro 70 or Duro 90? And they would be Viton correct?
I use duro 70 and just use regular NBR.

Im sure some will chime in a say you HAVE to use viton for 02 clean. I find viton swells alot so i am not a big fan of it especially for DIN o-rings. I have been using regular NBR orings for deco gas for ever and as do most people in Asia where viton is hard to get. Never have a heard of anyone blowing up. Seriously find me a real case study of an o2 fire/explosion in the diving industry linked to someone using NBR o-rings.

I use duro 70 and just use regular NBR.

Im sure some will chime in a say you HAVE to use viton for 02 clean. I find viton swells alot so i am not a big fan of it especially for DIN o-rings. I have been using regular NBR orings for deco gas for ever and as do most people in Asia where viton is hard to get. Never have a heard of anyone blowing up. Seriously find me a real case study of an o2 fire/explosion in the diving industry linked to someone using NBR o-rings.

What is the battery compartment O-rings for the older style Shearwater transmitter (Not the swift)?

See the link, the information is there.

1641130476611.png

Ok, so the Viton o-rings are fluoroelastomers, with up to 66% fluorine. Does that mean that you shouldn’t use an O2 safe perfluoropolyether like Tribolube 71 or Tribolube 66 with them? Should one stick with plain silicone for them?

Ok, so the Viton o-rings are fluoroelastomers, with up to 66% fluorine. Does that mean that you shouldn’t use an O2 safe perfluoropolyether like Tribolube 71 or Tribolube 66 with them? Should one stick with plain silicone for them?
I have always used Christolube with them...not sure if that is wrong or not

The use of oxygen compatible polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) and polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) based lubricants (Tribolube, Christolube, or any other brand such as Krytox or MPT) with either fluorocarbon elastomers (aka FKM, aka FPM, aka Viton o-rings) or acrylonitrile-butadine copolymer elastomers (aka NBR, aka nitrile, aka Buna-N synthetic rubber o-rings) is perfectly acceptable and generally considered best practice within the Scuba industry as they will typically outperform polydimethylsiloxane based lubricants (aka PDMS, aka silicone grease) and are also much less migratory.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom