Deep Dive Dubai - Did it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dody

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Very neat facility. All white and clean like a thalasso center not like a regular diving shop. Lockers are of the same standard. Clean and large bath towels and robes (that you have to return). As clean as Dubai can be if you know what I mean.

The only personal gear you can use are mask, fins, dive computer, torch and regulator. No BCD, no wetsuit, no boot of yours. They provide. Because the water is pure. No chemical and they don’t want to risk a contamination. They provide a very thin wetsuit (water temp is 30 degrees C still cold for me upon entry :) ). The BCD is not jacket style but wings (they are GUE oriented) and they dive Nitrox 32 to 30 m then Trimix from 30 to 60. No air. That’s why we could not go to 40 m. We actually reached 27 m.

What can I say? It’s not small to the point where you feel oppressed but it is not large either. Maybe a radius of 10/ 15 m It is structured in levels. 10 m, 18m, 30m and more than often you dive in circle in the outer rim where all the « attractions » are
7AEE0615-0C4F-41D4-BA87-2FBFBB1D88EF.jpeg
90B7EF34-41E9-49EA-985F-429CEFDE1CD4.jpeg
0FAC5D92-82E0-4C7B-88E3-AD1247CFF799.jpeg
0FAC5D92-82E0-4C7B-88E3-AD1247CFF799.jpeg
90B7EF34-41E9-49EA-985F-429CEFDE1CD4.jpeg
. Playing pool, sitting in a Mercedes, on a bench, laying down in a bath tube or riding a Ducati at depth might be fun once but giving the price, I would not do it twice (1500 AED/ 400 USD pp including the video). It is a good buoyancy exercise when you have to remain neutral sitting, playing around, moving up and down all the time. Unfortunately, they take four days to process and edit the video so I don’t have it yet.

So I did it. I hope that the video will be good.

Attachments

• 6F3DEEC5-A65A-4BF2-B2F0-59C98E181BE6.jpeg
    6F3DEEC5-A65A-4BF2-B2F0-59C98E181BE6.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 111

54 minutes.

Thanks for sharing this with us Dody. I can see why once might be fun but why no real reason for twice unless in lessons.

Good Video Dody.

I have a voucher for this that I still haven't used yet as I was waiting for a buddy to return from the UK before going.

Surprised to see so much crap floating around though.

1500 AED/ 400 USD pp including the video

For that price, one could fly from the US to Belgium and still have money left over to dive at Nemo 33.

400 clams…wow…too funny.

-Z

For tha price, one could fly to Belgium and still have money left over to dive at Nemo 33.

400 clams…wow…too funny.

-Z
I could drive to Belgium :). I live in the Netherlands.

Good Video Dody.

I have a voucher for this that I still haven't used yet as I was waiting for a buddy to return from the UK before going.

Surprised to see so much crap floating around though.
We did not see it in real life. Only on video. I guess that in spite of all the protective measures, we all carry sand particles especially in Dubai. We did not shower before the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom