2022 Dive Goals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
CT-Rich

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
So, everyone finished the holiday ‘I was a good boy or girl’ gear purchases (don’t lie, you emailed links and it was paid for from a joint account). What did St Amazon deliver?

Now that you are tricked out as the scuba whore you really are, what are your gear/diving goals for 2022?

Get better at managing drysuit, find a regular group of dive partners locally, dive more. Happy new year!

I'm new to diving and so I've just started buying my own kit. My most recent purchases are a tri-laminate drysuit and thermals from Northern Diver (UK), 15lt (232 bar) cylinder from Gas Bottles Direct (in Czech Republic)..... and various hoses and connections (from UK websites) to modify my rig.

For 2022, I need to learn how to use the drysuit, and begin diving in the UK. (I've only ever dived on holidays abroad.)

Two fish I've been wanting to photograph are common in Puget Sound this time of year, so Merry and I are going to Seattle in two days. The new Honda outboards will be released in the Spring, so once we re-power our boat, we should be back to normal and diving a lot. Last year was a drag.

Improve my teaching and have some good courses with awesome students.

Personally i want to continue my tech journey. I am still at the beginning, because my instructor had no time. I learned all the skills myself and want to do the courses now :)

I bought Shearwater Teric in January (after @Cert1967 showed me his, impressed by it & still love it), GoPro 9, in June 6 and then upgraded it to GoPro 10 for my own Christmas present.

Diving wise, I reached 1100th dives at Christmas Day, as my last dive for the year, completed 194 dives in 2021. So my goal for 2022 is to get 200 dives.

Get familiar with my new BP/W and dive computer.

Finish my weight loss goals and take measurements for a Seaskin drysuit.

Get enough dives logged and a couple more specialties done so I can take the DM tests.

Back
Top Bottom