ID of older first stage.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Noomi SY

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone!
Anyone familiar with this first stage?
Is it worth rebuilding it?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20220101_092411_444.jpg
    IMG_20220101_092411_444.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20220101_092403_832.jpg
    IMG_20220101_092403_832.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 86
I will ask the mods to move this to the regulator forum, as it will get more response.

I don't recognize the marking or yoke knob but the overall design looks like a Tekna. They made a few flow through piston designs that look a lot like that. If it's a Tekna or a clone, it's going to be hard to find a HP seat for it

I have several Tekna first stages and I still use them as faux Mark Vs, I even put the heavy SP yokes on them. They are virtually identical including parts swapping to a SP Mark V. The HP seats are the same. The only difference is that the Tabata/Tekna/Oceanic/?? versions have a round yoke knob and a domed HP seat carrier instead of the flat exterior of the Mark V seat cover. I do not think the OP first is a Tekna. Not one I am familiar with anyways. And that does not look like the Tekna logo either. on the yoke knob.

James

Dang Nem, you are right, the ones I am thinking about are Tusa, not Tekna.

I have SAS floating around inside the fog of my head somewhere

IMG_20220101_092411_444.jpg

Do you all remember the ones with the round yokes, was that them.

SAS Good regulators, but some were made of stainless steel. That may seem like a good idea, but even stainless corrodes...and when it does it can be very difficult to separate the components.

BTW, I'm not confirming that the OP has an SAS, just a reply to @happy-diver 's post. Edit: Come to think of it, the SAS regulators I'm familiar with looked more like a Scubapro MK5 than a MK2

@Noomi SY Any regulator you can rebuild yourself is worth rebuilding. If you have to take it in to your LDS that is a totally different story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom