Trip Report Dhigurah Boutique Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@pelan-pelan
Covid busted our planned stay at BLISS. It's postponed not canceled.
So, i may start hating you if you keep telling good things about that island
😈
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. I just love fanning the flames. Our plans for Indonesia have been busted three times. I understand your pain when you say "postponed" not cancelled.

Is Boutique Beach the only dive operation on Dhigurah (besides the Lux resort)? Do they take divers from other hotels/guesthouses?

Is Boutique Beach the only dive operation on Dhigurah (besides the Lux resort)? Do they take divers from other hotels/guesthouses?
Lux Resort is completely separate from Dhigurah island apart from being able to walk there over the sand bar. They will charge you over $200 to get in - and this was what people said.

Boutique Beach is not the only dive op on Dhigurah. The hotel has 6 rooms and provides a dive package. However I think they may also take some others if numbers allow. They are very geared up for personalised service and strict safety so would not be packing the boat out.

Why not email them from their website and ask? We had swift and helpful replies when we emailed them. I found information on TripAdvisor on hotels on Dhigurah and from there was able to see which hotels provided diving. Boutique Beach dive operation is called BB Diving.

I stayed in Bliss and got certified with Island Divers when on Dhigurah few years back, both were excellent, I think there is lot of guesthouses now on Dhigurah to pick from...

Update to what has been said before: Nothing has really changed and i can confirm the positive comments regarding location, hotel, food and diving.
An absolutely fantastic place to be, if you don't fancy the artifical and overpriced resorts....
Some points:
* IMUGA: Covid restrictions are indeed gone, only the IMUGA has to be filled for arrival and depature. But it is quite convenient via OCR if you scan you passport and upload the file. The data were all in the system when we arrived and left and we did not have to show any print out our screen shot.
* We got perfectly guided by BB airport reps from arrival to domestic departure for the flight to Maamigili, although it was just a few meters.
* On arrival at VAM, you get directly driven to the port for your speedboat to Dhigurah (just follow the flow...) where the BB driver was waiting.
* The DM Team is a great bunch, very attentive and helpful. The ratio DM to guest is 1:2 max 1:4. On every dive, we got excellent briefings and guiding at the pace of the guests.
* Money: The island's brand new ATM is located at the port and one of the first things you see.... Local shops are happy to take USD or EUR, some also accept CC.
* The rooms are perfect, the food delicious and there was nothing we missed.
* WIFI was excellent as promised, so that we did not had to get a local SIM card to stay in touch with home. We could easily fulfill our duty to annoy those at home with the great vacation photos... especially when there is snow at home...

Update to what has been said before: Nothing has really changed and i can confirm the positive comments regarding location, hotel, food and diving.
An absolutely fantastic place to be, if you don't fancy the artifical and overpriced resorts....
Some points:
* IMUGA: Covid restrictions are indeed gone, only the IMUGA has to be filled for arrival and depature. But it is quite convenient via OCR if you scan you passport and upload the file. The data were all in the system when we arrived and left and we did not have to show any print out our screen shot.
* We got perfectly guided by BB airport reps from arrival to domestic departure for the flight to Maamigili, although it was just a few meters.
* On arrival at VAM, you get directly driven to the port for your speedboat to Dhigurah (just follow the flow...) where the BB driver was waiting.
* The DM Team is a great bunch, very attentive and helpful. The ratio DM to guest is 1:2 max 1:4. On every dive, we got excellent briefings and guiding at the pace of the guests.
* Money: The island's brand new ATM is located at the port and one of the first things you see.... Local shops are happy to take USD or EUR, some also accept CC.
* The rooms are perfect, the food delicious and there was nothing we missed.
* WIFI was excellent as promised, so that we did not had to get a local SIM card to stay in touch with home. We could easily fulfill our duty to annoy those at home with the great vacation photos... especially when there is snow at home...
Back again to Dhigurah in May. Different season, different fish. Not sure how good the viz will be but you never know. Glad you enjoyed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom