How bad of a scuba gear hoarder are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have almost every metallic scuba item I've ever owned, going back to the 60s. I have my first 1969 SP MK5, worn and slightly dented, as well as the 'spare' MK5s I bought in the 70s, still new it their boxes, untouched in nearly a half-century,
I just broke out my last two NIB Mark Vs. Mine are a little bit newer, 80s, and are Tabata built Mark Vs. Parts interchange but the clones have nicer chrome and finish compared to my SP Mark Vs. One Mark V is sporting a set of very nice G250s and the other a nice Posedin Jetstream and a SP R190 secondary. IP locked up on both solid at 125 and 130 psi. I installed a cave seat in the one driving the G250s. Other than the cave seat, just because, and checking the IP, they are good to go.

James

I know I've posted these pics before, but they seem appropriate here. As you can see, my workbench is a model of organization, my tanks (100% steel) are all in one place, and my pile-o-regs just keeps getting shifted around on a beach towel whenever my wife needs to clean that particular area of the floor. :)

evGrCm.jpg

50HKsU.jpg

8zVNol.jpg

I know I've posted these pics before, but they seem appropriate here. As you can see, my workbench is a model of organization, my tanks (100% steel) are all in one place, and my pile-o-regs just keeps getting shifted around on a beach towel whenever my wife needs to clean that particular area of the floor. :)

evGrCm.jpg

50HKsU.jpg

8zVNol.jpg

Tell your wife she's right. You have a problem.

evGrCm.jpg

50HKsU.jpg

8zVNol.jpg

The man loves his double hose regulators,
I thought I had alot,
as my brother likes to say, it helps keep us sane

Sort of I guess. I have all of my original gears I bought back in the summer of 1966, a Calypso J regulator, steel 72 and a USD Mae West. But, I have of the last few years, given away to deserving young divers or sold off many single hose regulator sets. Here is most of but not all of my DH, at least the working ones:

A couple of my remaining "classic" regs, a Conshelf XIV and a Scubapro R109 with Mark V:

And I was doing okay and then I discovered that I had missed out on the best regulator ever, the Scubapro G250/MarkV/Mark, and so set about to rectify that situation, kind of back slid a little:

I am pretty sure I do not have a problem though:wink: but Lord help some of these people, they need your help please:

N

Nice try.....answering this question in the affirmative would be admitting I have a problem. Not feeling like an intervention today so I'm just gonna nope the hell out. How my wife orchestrated this is beyond me. For the record, I own one fin, a wal-mart swim section mask, and an empty spare air for personal use...... soooooooooooooo Im good. The inventory purchased as an investment however, is slightly larger, I'm just waiting for prices to double what I paid and Ill sell all of it. Soon (relative term) Aluminum 80's and 100's should be worth more and I'll have enough for a new truck!!! The dozen or so reg sets keep appreciating everyday and one day will be "Vintage."

Nope, definitely not a hoarder.

Nice try Mrs. B!!!!!!!

Y'all have a Happy New Year.

Jay

While I have a lot of tanks, the rest of my gear, not so much. Got a new DR Ex25 can light on Black Friday for 25% off. I have two LX20, both bought used. A feller SBer indicated an interest in one of them. Once I dived the new can light enough in FL to love it, I sold one LX20 to the fellow SBer and mailed it off to the Great White North today. He got a great deal, especially compared to what the LX20 costs new in Canada. The FL instructor I worked with last week has a new student who may need a better light so my second LX20 might go to him. Otherwise, I’ll post it for sale. I’ll easily raise enough cash to cover a bit more than half of the cost of the new can light. And it all happened with very little effort on my part. I don’t have a lot of space so I don’t hold onto spare gear very often.

I missed this thread last year. Some people would say I have a problem. I consider it a healthy obsession.
I am 100% guessing as I haven't really ever counted, but I would be in the range of 200 tanks. 50ish bank bottles, at least 6 compressors, and probably 8 boosters. I think I have 7 rebreathers, hundreds of regs, and two dive boats.
I started this stupid hobby because of a groupon. I got into it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom