Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To resurrect this thread … I dive in monterey with 48-55 f water. Should I get the 150 or 250 with the nova? Any other undergarment recommendations with a seaskin nova?

@lexvil Thank you, very helpful feedback. I have been focused on getting the drysuit order correct but I shall have to research undergarments more thoroughly. I have treated them as somewhat of an afterthought, which was a mistake. What do you prefer to use?

Also, if you could only have one drysuit and both had front zip, would you opt for the Nova or the Ultra?

To resurrect this thread … I dive in monterey with 48-55 f water. Should I get the 150 or 250 with the nova? Any other undergarment recommendations with a seaskin nova?
Most "normal" people will use base layer and 250. Some will add some mid layer.

I say both. Your cold tolerance is yours and yours alone. No one can accurately tell you what it will be. Plus at that price, why wouldn’t you want to get both.

I’m not a fan of those type of under garments preferring fleece and wool, the Seaskin work fine but are to puffy for my taste.

I’m not a fan of those type of under garments preferring fleece and wool, the Seaskin work fine but are to puffy for my taste.
I don’t have as much experience, but I agree to the extent of my knowledge. I have the 150 g seaskin undersuit and the ultra neoprene suit. I’ve work it on a dive that was 54 f and I felt colder than I expected, especially given how puffy it is (and with that somewhat noticeable restriction if motion). But I’m also a baby and always tend to feel cold so your mileage may very. Given the price you don’t don’t have too much to lose.

I don’t have as much experience, but I agree to the extent of my knowledge. I have the 150 g seaskin undersuit and the ultra neoprene suit. I’ve work it on a dive that was 54 f and I felt colder than I expected, especially given how puffy it is (and with that somewhat noticeable restriction if motion). But I’m also a baby and always tend to feel cold so your mileage may very. Given the price you don’t don’t have too much to lose.
I use the Hollis ag450 with heavy merino wool base and a heated vest, with the ultra the vest is just ballast and never gets turned on, in the nova I may turn the vest on at around the 1 hour mark.

Thanks for all the feedback… so when I spec the nova dimensions should I be asking for the extra space for a thicker insulation in the measurements? I’m worried that it might become too baggy if I do. Would the ag450 still fit with their base measurement for example? Or as it’s custom I need to ask for more space? Thanks

Thanks for all the feedback… so when I spec the nova dimensions should I be asking for the extra space for a thicker insulation in the measurements? I’m worried that it might become too baggy if I do. Would the ag450 still fit with their base measurement for example? Or as it’s custom I need to ask for more space? Thanks
I used the standard measurement, it has enough room for any undergarments I use, before the vest I would sometimes add a layer of fleece and I had room but a slight restriction of reach, it’s just my opinion but I don’t feel you need the extra space.

Back
Top Bottom