Diving near Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vladi57

Registered
Reaction score
We are planning to visit Playa Del Carmen this December, 2021. We've never been there but we visited twice Cozumel and once - Cancun. Few questions: Are there any good sites to dive? Any good dive shop to contact? What is the weather like in December in Playa Del Mar?

We are four, two PADI advanced and two NAUI Open Water. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!

The Playa/Tulum area is world famous for Cenote diving. It's a one and done type of thing for some, but for others it's absolutely addictive. My wife wasn't overly impressed mainly dur to the cooler water than the Caribbean. I'm bit and dive them every trip to Cozumel.

Cenote Xperience can set you up with whatever type of diving you want. From whale sharks to full cave, they can do it. They are a great, family owned shop. Martin may be the best diver I have ever seen and his passion for the cenotes is contagious.

CenoteXperience - Cavern, Cave and Ocean Diving in Playa del Carmen Yucatan Mexico - Home

Good luck, safe travels,
Jay

Thanks, jayfarmlaw! Will contact Martin!

In addition to the cenotes, I really enjoyed the bull shark dives when I was there in December a few years ago. I went with Tank-Ha dive shop and was quite happy with them, although granted I didn't have much to compare them to.

If you're interested primarily in reef diving, and you're staying right in Playa, it's not that bad a trip to just hop over to Cozumel on an early ferry, do a couple of dives, and head back. It would get old three or four days in a row, but for a day at a time its ok. It's pretty common to make the trip in reverse on days when the port is closed in Coz (meaning no small dive boats but the ferry still runs) or just as an excursion to the cenotes for people spending a week or two in Coz.

We are planning to visit Playa Del Carmen this December, 2021. We've never been there but we visited twice Cozumel and once - Cancun. Few questions: Are there any good sites to dive? Any good dive shop to contact? What is the weather like in December in Playa Del Mar?

We are four, two PADI advanced and two NAUI Open Water. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!

Just returned from there last Wednesday. Great Dive operation= CenoteXperience. We dove two cenotes, Play del Carmen reef, then Cozumel…before swimming with the whale sharks.

I LOVED CenoteXperience…great operation. Very safe. Super experienced and friendly.

The Playa reefs were…meh. Cozumel fantastic. Next time I go we will fly to Cancun then Cozumel. Those reefs are beautiful.

we used Happy Shuttle for all our trips (Cancun to Playa del Carmen— then the reverse).

Many dives up and down Yucatan plus Coz. Needing a place to stay? Personally having dove Coz since the late 1990s to today it is a waste land few fish whereas the Yucatan coast is loaded watching my YouTube videos tells it all 2 bd rm sleeps 6 dive shop onsite golf waterpark too You should also make your way to Isla Mujeres underwater museum. Vidanta resort Playa de Carmen

Many dives up and down Yucatan plus Coz. Needing a place to stay? Personally having dove Coz since the late 1990s to today it is a waste land few fish whereas the Yucatan coast is loaded watching my YouTube videos tells it all 2 bd rm sleeps 6 dive shop onsite golf waterpark too You should also make your way to Isla Mujeres underwater museum. Vidanta resort Playa de Carmen
Maybe you could do the rest of us a favor and stop spamming this forum.

You are a delusional spammer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom