Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last day of “intro to flow” yesterday with three dives at Ginnie/Devil’s. Went in through the Eye each dive. Got 350ftish back to the Park Bench. I’d seen it described well here so I knew what it was. What an experience! Basically clawing your way in against the flow and riding it back out.

Two days of fun diving with friends at Peacock and on the road Monday.
You are much braver than I am. Had to talk my self off the ledge when cavern diving in Mexico. Congrats to you!

You are much braver than I am. Had to talk my self off the ledge when cavern diving in Mexico. Congrats to you!

Thank you. What bothered you about cavern diving? The overhead? That part doesn’t bother me much at all.

Thank you. What bothered you about cavern diving? The overhead? That part doesn’t bother me much at all.
Yup. I do not do well in confined spaces. The Mexico caverns seemed very cave like to me.

Yesterday I was diving with a female friend. Another gal said she liked seeing two gals diving together, as it’s usually a woman with husband/boyfriend.

Yesterday I was diving with a female friend. Another gal said she liked seeing two gals diving together, as it’s usually a woman with husband/boyfriend.
Probably a comment from an out of towner. There has been a pretty sizable population of female cave divers in the area for 7+ years and it's growing. Almost all are locals and they're all very friendly and supportive of each other. This time of year cave country is full of nonlocals, so many of us try to avoid popular sites and weekend diving. So that means alot of the out of town people don't get to see the same faces regularly as the locals do.

Left Nashville at 3:45am today to attempt to beat the forecast several inches of heavy, wet snow. I was three hours from home (on dry roads) when it started in IN. Saw one IN plow. As soon as I crossed the border to IL and got on 294, there were three plows staggered across all three lanes. There were just wet roads the rest of the way home. Back to work tomorrow.

Quite the difference from FL, but at least I didn’t sweat my a$$ off! Drysuit froze as soon as I was out of it. :D
65FFC6B7-DE25-4EBF-B586-FA6A72D73800.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom