About drying neoprene boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aerobics111

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I know you are not supposed to put them in a dryer. But how about a boot dryer like this?

It's warm but not hot. Can hold it with my hands when it's on. Drys out the boots really well and no nasty order afterwards. But I want to make sure I'm not degrading it over time.

Live in California so I can sun dry the boots most of the year except for winter.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-25 at 19.46.22.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-25 at 19.46.22.png
    164 KB · Views: 55
I like to apply nondeterministic qunatum rules to my diving boots.
As long as I don't smell them I can't be sure if there is a sentient fungus living in them, so now I no longer worry about how dry they are.

It's a well known fact that boots never dry, even in summer in Sydney! Good for keeping beers cold most of the year.

I know you are not supposed to put them in a dryer. But how about a boot dryer like this?

It's warm but not hot. Can hold it with my hands when it's on. Drys out the boots really well and no nasty order afterwards. But I want to make sure I'm not degrading it over time.

Live in California so I can sun dry the boots most of the year except for winter.
I would say.. ehhh.. Somthing that moves air around would be better if you asked me. This looks like it just warms up.. poorly.. and kinda works

I’ve used ski boot and glove dryers to good effect.

Back
Top Bottom