Does anyone use a second inflator hose for

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where did you get that? And does it go on a regulator hose?
I got it from my sister on a reg set she gave me and I have no idea where she got it from. Yes, it goes onto a regular hose. I have hunted for a similar fitting with no success. Piranha has this, it is reverse of mine but might work as well or better:

James

Yep. I have a blow gun attached to mine. The hose gets tucked into the scooter ring on my harness. It makes smb inflation stupid easy.

I have done that and I had one of those start to bubble, then to flow, then to really flow hard! But, I just disconnected it. And then I lost it. Then I got another but I do not carry it with me, I use it to blow my gear and camera dry.

James

@Nemrod, I've had a couple of them "champagne" a bit, never a major event though. I keep mine attached to the LP hose with a short piece of bungee. In the event that it pops off, that prevents me from losing it. Like with your experience, If it does blow, I can quickly disconnect it.

Merry Christmas, and I am not trying to start a debate. What lead me to this thread is I was looking for alternatives to inflating a SMB, other than the ways I was taught. When I saw this LP splitter, I was thinking of getting one. But, as I thought about it, my concern of inflating a smb with the quick connect is, what if it jams and does not disconnect? Now you are connected to an inflated sausage heading up quickly. Thoughts? Comments?

Part 2 to my post, I was thinking of getting one of these rubber air blower nozzles, but then I would need to disconnect my BC inflator hose, connect this, inflate SMB, disconnect this and reconnect BC. Then the question is where do I keep this doohickey (bc pocket?) and how many should I buy for each one I drop :). Or can I maybe have it hang off my BC inflator, with shore piece of bungee cord tie wrapped to it, so it is always easily found and attached?

1640490900346.png

Merry Christmas, and I am not trying to start a debate. What lead me to this thread is I was looking for alternatives to inflating a SMB, other than the ways I was taught. When I saw this LP splitter, I was thinking of getting one. But, as I thought about it, my concern of inflating a smb with the quick connect is, what if it jams and does not disconnect? Now you are connected to an inflated sausage heading up quickly. Thoughts? Comments?
It cannot really jam as it never connects. The fitting from the dsmb does not have the notch. You press it in, it goes pssst, and the dsmb goes away :wink:.

James

Try it out at home on dry land with your BC inflator hose.

Where did you get that? And does it go on a regulator hose?
I'm interested too :D

Yes, in areas where I want to carry a big SMB such as out at Cocos Island. I have a longish(26"?) LP hose with my DiveAlert on it clipped off to my left waist D-ring. The length means I can hold the SMB well away from me while I'm inflating it, less chance of a tangle. It's simple to remove when I don't need it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom