Gas analyzer/save a dive kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisMBC

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Not sure if this counts as DIY? But got a little creative with a knockoff Pelican case I came across. Made a little save a dive kit out of a box that used to contain shrink wrap, and used 3M Dual Lock to secure it to the lid in a way where I can open it, or still remove it if I want to.

In the main body is the Divesoft analyzer, a gauge/flow restrictor that I put together, and a couple other things I use every dive. Below the foam are a few larger save a dive pieces, including spare neck/wrist seals, spare inflator valve, spare reg/low inflator hose, and spare wing dump valve.

Attachments

• FAE535B1-969F-4320-9D9E-DF75C43FD35B.jpeg
    FAE535B1-969F-4320-9D9E-DF75C43FD35B.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 67D5853F-AE97-419E-A799-838F318E2EC4.jpeg
    67D5853F-AE97-419E-A799-838F318E2EC4.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 197
Nice kit!

Gauge on the analyzer flow restrictor is a nice touch, I always wondering why more people/dive centers do not do this. I always thought it is super convenient to analyze and check the tank pressure at the same time.

Nice kit!

Gauge on the analyzer flow restrictor is a nice touch, I always wondering why more people/dive centers do not do this. I always thought it is super convenient to analyze and check the tank pressure at the same time.
Yeah, I’m not sure. In fairness I haven’t seen a lot of analyzers that use a screw-in flow limiter, I’m much more used to the ones where you crack the tank valve and hold it against that.

Yeah, I’m not sure. In fairness I haven’t seen a lot of analyzers that use a screw-in flow limiter, I’m much more used to the ones where you crack the tank valve and hold it against that.

Once you start getting mixes with 80% He and helium is twice the price overseas as it is in the US you will not be cracking tanks open to analyze like that anymore 😁😁

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom