Weirdest Thing You Ever Took Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 for Subaru; keys waterproof for an hour at 35m/120ft.
I accidentally took my Honda keys on a dive once. Only 30' but same story, key and remote worked just fine after the dive.

I use a Pro Ear Mask. It has earcups which cover one's ears and keeps them dry whilst diving. BTW it truly does work. I once did a dive where I forgot to remove one of my over the ear hearing aids. Upon surfacing I thought everything seemed unnaturally loud.... the hearing aid survived the dive.

I know what you mean. I did underwater mapping of a quarry with my TDI instructor. He wanted to build an accurate model of Dutch Springs as a gift for the owner. We used a huge measuring tape as well. Even though tape is a common tool in underwater research, it seems like one of the weirdest things to use underwater.
Especially when you have a 100' tape and your vis is 15'.

An ironing board and iron.

In January 2009 at NDAC, Chepstow, UK we raised over £15000 for the RNLI and set a new world record for the number of people ironing underwater.

Here's my actual iron:

iron_400x400.jpg

I convinced my college scuba club to hold an actual underwater basket weaving class in the pool.

2 items:

1st: My son had plastic gold coins from some toy. I took it on a dive, dropped it in front of my buddy when he was not looking. He passed it up 3 times and I picked them up and did it again and again. On the 3rd time he saw it, picked it up and looked, i heard him go "hummm", then he snapped one in half. He new immediatly it was fake.

2nd: I am on my 8th dive. In the middle of the dive, I said, oh crap, I felt my bathing suit pocket under my wetsuit and felt my startek phone. Darn!!!. Good news, I was driving home, went to Verizon and they replaced the phone under warranty. This was before the water stickers was placed inside the. phone

Back
Top Bottom