Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought Bonaire required a NAAT test. Am I wrong
Published today. No mention of NAAT.
1640135005272.png

The issue, for Bonaire, isn't how fast you can get the test, it is how fast you can get the results back.
To clarify, I bought the Binax antigen test to meet the US requirement for return to the US.

OK @tursiops - this aint a PCR test. What sayeth ye now?

“Abbott IDNow is a rapid nucleic acid test for COVID-19 (SARS/COV-2) which has a turnaround time of less than 1 hour. Abbott IDNow has a sensitivity which is less than standard PCR tests. Abbott IDNow should be used as a screening test in patients who have a low prior clinical probability of having active SARS/COV2 infection.”

I sayeth that this is a confusing windmill to tilt at.

OK @tursiops - this aint a PCR test. What sayeth ye now?

“Abbott IDNow is a rapid nucleic acid test for COVID-19 (SARS/COV-2) which has a turnaround time of less than 1 hour. Abbott IDNow has a sensitivity which is less than standard PCR tests. Abbott IDNow should be used as a screening test in patients who have a low prior clinical probability of having active SARS/COV2 infection.”

I sayeth that this is a confusing windmill to tilt at.
Who said ID NOW was a PCR test?
The issue is simple, especially for my wife and, trying to fly to Bonaire Thursday.
We have a negative ID NOW test, and a letter from Bonaire Pubic Health tha that will get us into Bonaire.
We have taken a PCR lest, but low confidence we will get the results in time to use them.
We have low confidence that AA will accept our ID NOW results.
We have learned, from an exchange with Bonaire Public Health, that they think a NAAT test is just one kind of PCR test. My confidence in BPH is approaching zero.
We have learned that the newly-mandatory "Day 5" PCR test takes 2-3 days to get a result back, meaning we'll be boarding the flight home before we even know if we have to go into quarantine.
This the definition of a Cluster F***.

I have not packed my bags yet, and I'm beginning to wonder whether I even should.

The issue is simple, especially for my wife and, trying to fly to Bonaire Thursday.
We have a negative ID NOW test, and a letter from Bonaire Pubic Health tha that will get us into Bonaire.
We have taken a PCR lest, but low confidence we will get the results in time to use them.
We have learned, from an exchange with Bonaire Public Health, that they think a NAAT test is just one kind of PCR test. My confidence in BPH is approaching zero.
We have learned that the newly-mandatory "Day 5" PCR test takes 2-3 days to get a result back, meaning we'll be boarding the flight home before we even know if we have to go into quarantine.

I have not packed my bags yet, and I'm beginning to wonder whether I even should.
Delta told me today they would not accept the IDNOW test for boarding even though Bonaire has told me its acceptable for entry. We cancelled and will go to Cozumel instead really wanted to shore dive but Bonaire will be there for another time

Sounds like a real nightmare. Hope it all works out for you.

I really wish Bonaire would get it together and post concrete and specific entry requirements such as this page from Aruba. Very discouraging.

Attachments

• 2D46C5CB-3A43-44D1-AEE8-2D56C7BDC109.png
    2D46C5CB-3A43-44D1-AEE8-2D56C7BDC109.png
    243.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 5B445223-EF19-4861-8DF8-6E5FE2E82A6A.png
    5B445223-EF19-4861-8DF8-6E5FE2E82A6A.png
    194.1 KB · Views: 42
Sounds like a real nightmare. Hope it all works out for you.

I really wish Bonaire would get it together and post concrete and specific entry requirements such as this page from Aruba. Very discouraging.

Yes, that is much better than all the clever and incorrect graphics from Bonaire. Sometimes the right words are worth a thousand pictures.

Back
Top Bottom