NAUI MEMBERS - ELECTION PROBLEMS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
If you're a NAUI member (and I've been one since 1978), there may be an issue of integrity for the current BOD election. I received two ballots and was able to vote twice. I sent the following note this morning to all current members of the NAUI BOD. if you also received a second ballot, I would urge you to write them. I don't think anyone's trying to game the election, but something's not right.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was able to vote twice.

I received a electronic ballot link on Monday and voted.

I received another link today with a different password (but my same instructor number) and I was able to vote again.

At no time when casting the second ballot did I get any kind of an error message.

I would think I'm not the only one getting two ballots. This obviously throws the integrity of this election into question. (And I'm a liberal Democrat so I'm not echoing Repub Big Lie stolen election claims.)

:)

You've got a serious problem here that needs to be addressed immediately.

- Ken
—————————————————
Ken Kurtis
NAUI Instructor #5936
P.O. Box 634
Beverly Hills, CA 90213
310/652-4990
www.reefseekers.com

Shenanigan!!! Shenanigans, I say.

More like clown car.
1. I got my second ballot today at 5:04AM (PDT).
2. I voted around 8AM to see if I could cast my second ballot.
3. I sent my e-mail to the BOD around 8:15AM.
4. At 8:47AM, I received an NAUI Elections e-mail stating that one candidate was declared ineligible (I guess they've never heard of vetting) and they were tossing out all cast ballots and you'd have to vote again.
5. Common sense would indicate that you'd send out the "bad election" e-mail before the "here's your ballot" e-mail, but common sense has never been a surplus item at NAUI.

Back
Top Bottom