Frogman drysuit first impression

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@vladodessit do you know if they have anyone who can communicate / do sales support in English? They have an English webpage now, but some things are still in Russia, like the made-to-measure document.

@vladodessit do you know if they have anyone who can communicate / do sales support in English? They have an English webpage now, but some things are still in Russia, like the made-to-measure document.
Someone on here converted it to English. Here is the copy I have.

Attachments

• FROGMAN order form.xlsx
    57.6 KB · Views: 64
Also, how do you like the Slaggo's on your suit @vladodessit ? You're the first person I've seen that prefers them to the QCS ovals, but like you I generally don't dive in super cold water (usually down to about 10-12C max), and if it's colder than that my dives are usually limited to 30 minutes, where neoprene wet gloves still work alright and I don't really see a need for dry gloves. For me, a more flexible yet easily replaceable seal system is preferable.

Also, how do you like the Slaggo's on your suit @vladodessit ? You're the first person I've seen that prefers them to the QCS ovals, but like you I generally don't dive in super cold water (usually down to about 10-12C max), and if it's colder than that my dives are usually limited to 30 minutes, where neoprene wet gloves still work alright and I don't really see a need for dry gloves. For me, a more flexible yet easily replaceable seal system is preferable.
I am not 100% happy with Slaggo. I do not use dry gloves. Well, I often forget to put wet gloves (coldest temps without were 47F, I am ok with that). The problem with Slaggo is changing seals. Those clips are kinda tricky. Once seals are properly in-the system works great. Love how flexible they are.

With the current exchange rate at least, the frogman suit looks to be about 1500 dollars. So it’s more than your standard seaskin suit, but not significantly. For me at least, nothing could make a Santi suit worth the fact that it’s 300% more expensive. But if the frogman has nicer stitching, better fabric and pockets, and nicer styling, I would be willing to pay 20% more.
The difference is very apparent when you look at the suits side by side. I love Sea Skin and it is a crazy bang for the buck. But Frogman is definitely different. Think more like Santi or good DUI FLX Extreme. Nothing like crooked stitches of Ursuit or lower end DUI. And the trilam is definitely more durable than I've seen on other high end suits. Santi e.Lite+ is certainly lighter. But ask Frogman, they could do a similar thing and use lighter weight panels in lower wear areas (yes, I've asked). To me Santi e.Lite+ too fragile, I'd only go for normal e.Lite. And Frogman Tech is a bit tougher then that (for like x2.5 less). I might order Frogman Travel with upgraded (Tech or Armor style) seams (they could do that too) for weight saving for travel. I'd get one with socks and use Converse of similar for over boots. One day.

I apologize in advance as I'm on my phone and have limited surfing ability at this time...can either a Frogman or Seaskin be ordered with user replaceable wrist and neck seals (like the DUI zip seals)?

I like the idea of a relief zipper...but not having to spend the extra few hundred bucks when they wear out. Anyone have any insight on that topic? I have never had a relief zipper...and mostly gotten by without...I will not do a pee valve again.

I have sweet 2009 DUI TLS350QZ...has a longer wrap around zipper for easier getting it on/off and factory zip seals. It looks and feels nearly new...but...I will need to replace the ne k seal and zipper in the next year or two and wonder if I can sell it off for say $4-500...and put that towards a new suit: Frogman or Seaskin.

TIA!!

Yes, you can order both with replaceable neck and wrist seals.
Out of curiosity, why no p-valve again?
While relief zipper is easier to use (no pre-set procedure), I usualy have to go during deco, not once on the boat.

I apologize in advance as I'm on my phone and have limited surfing ability at this time...can either a Frogman or Seaskin be ordered with user replaceable wrist and neck seals (like the DUI zip seals)?

I like the idea of a relief zipper...but not having to spend the extra few hundred bucks when they wear out. Anyone have any insight on that topic? I have never had a relief zipper...and mostly gotten by without...I will not do a pee valve again.

I have sweet 2009 DUI TLS350QZ...has a longer wrap around zipper for easier getting it on/off and factory zip seals. It looks and feels nearly new...but...I will need to replace the ne k seal and zipper in the next year or two and wonder if I can sell it off for say $4-500...and put that towards a new suit: Frogman or Seaskin.

TIA!!
You certainly could order any of these options with either of these suits. Also, seals are much cheaper than DUI Zipseals. Gotta add that relieve zippers suck. It's an additional item to fail. But it's your choice.

Anyone having issues accessing there site?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom