Is the Teric’s temperature supposed to be accurate at the surface?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My new Teric reads 87f. My mercury temperature gauge reads 66f. This really is horrid given the cost of it.
What would the mercury thermometer read if you strapped it to your wrist?

My Teric is spot on for ambient room temperature when it's laying on the table.

I've had the same problem with my perdix. Long conversations with shearwater tech support with no resolution. Hopefully they fix the problem in a firmware update at some point.
It’s pathetic that we pay $1600+ for and inaccurate computer that our lives depend on! I think I’m getting rid of mine. Junk!

What would the mercury thermometer read if you strapped it to your wrist?
I really don’t care to make excuses… I’m not as interested in my body temp as I am the surrounding air and water temp is. Although … science can make a devise, that mounts on your arm, that measures blood sugar. Why can’t we do the same for nitrogen or other gasses?

I really don’t care to make excuses… I’m not as interested in my body temp as I am the surrounding air and water temp is. Although … science can make a devise, that mounts on your arm, that measures blood sugar. Why can’t we do the same for nitrogen or other gasses?
You do understand that the problem with dissolved nitrogen isn't just your blood, right?

Yes but my point to SW was that it should only be recording temps while in dive mode not before or after. In my case, my watch is submerged in surface water for at least a 20 min surface swim and then if it stops reading as soon as dive is over it shouldn't be recording ambient (non-water) temps once the dive is over. I think there is something that needs changed in the logic of what it displays as max temp because when you look at the graph and follow the temp line, what is recorded as temp during the dive is correct, but what is displayed as surface/max is not correct.

In one word CAPITALISM. There are more diabetics than divers and health insurance companies don’t cover the cost of a dive computer.

In one word CAPITALISM. There are more diabetics than divers and health insurance companies don’t cover the cost of a dive computer.
Science has done just that exact thing and its actually old technology, if I am not mistake dopplers and ultrasonic imaging studies were in use for diving back in the late 60's to early 70's but as @tridacna has pointed out there is no market for it or any kind of get rich quick scheme. Only exception would be the Azoth O'Dive system that was released a couple years ago, which is basically a user friendly personal doppler but still cost about $1,000 and only works on the surface and the output is a system generated quality of decompression percentage based on an in house proprietary algorithm that Azoth developed.

But hey if you have $50,000 your welcome to call up GE or Philips and order a doppler plus drop another couple hundred thousand in R&D to make the unit waterproof go for it. However generally vascular gas emboli are measured through the right atrium and pulmonary artery so wrist mount is not an option this is the only downfall 😂. But on the plus side Azoth has somewhat proven that vascular gas emboli can be measured through the subclavian veins so you could possibly invest a couple hundred more thousand into R&D to go down this route as well.

Is my temperature gauge broken? Watch only has three dives on it. The temp is displayed in blue, kinda hard to see but on three dives its only ever displayed 61 or 60 deg F while in the water, in the air it seems to display the correct temp. But i'm diving in the winter in San Diego so I really think that thermocline hitting me is not 60.
IMG_3735.jpg

Back
Top Bottom