Ideas for Displaying Regs on Den Wall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have any stuffed animal heads on your wall? I think that would be a great way to display regs and whatnot.

You could also go the ultra-simple route if you have a few second stage regs to display (it probably wouldn't work for just one) - each reg is held up with a simple, shaped post in the wall that inserts into the mouthpiece. You'd probably want to angle the post slightly upward to prevent the regs from slipping off. Put a few in a line and you're done!

That's cool. I couldn't see what it was on my phone.

Judging from the non-diving stuff in the photo, it's no wonder passersby would be drawn to a cutaway of a miniature high pressure valve system. :)
one of my favorite pieces...

1639671352416.jpeg

It was very well done.

Although it would probably end up a bit too large for a den wall, use the hoses (either real or some substitute that is more easily trimmed to length) as the lines for a line-art drawing, with the various components representing features of whatever is pictured.

Example 1 - Representational Art: The hoses outline a simplified line drawing of a whale. A second stage Reg is where the whale's eye would be, the first stage is where the blowhole is, etc.

Example 2 - Words: Spell the word "Scuba" in cursive with the hoses - place the regs appropriately (perhaps in the center of the b or a, perhaps before or after...)

Example 3 - Draw the Dive: Start with a tank valve, have the hose go from there to outline waves or a fish, place the regs appropriately, end with the hose going into or underneath a beer bottle (or whatever your preferred post-dive beverage is)

@JohnnyOTS

Hmm…that’s a lotta hose, man. What you’re describing would require double hookah length and a LOT of wall space. Not sure of the practicality.

@JohnnyOTS

Hmm…that’s a lotta hose, man. What you’re describing would require double hookah length and a LOT of wall space. Not sure of the practicality.
I completely agree - that's why I prefaced it the way I did, regarding both the space and the hose material. It would really be more of an art installation as described. If the OP has a reeeaaallly big wall though...

Just curious about what's so special about this reg. I have ever reg I've ever owned, starting with a Calypso, then a few Conshelfs, MR12s, ScubaPros of various flavours. Those all reside in various bins of retired dive crap in my garage, shed, house, cottage. Can't say I've ever considered mounting them. Currently, I have sack full of Apeks regs. Same thing.

Having said that, it was me, I'd figure out a way to connect to a keg of beer and use it for a tap. I appreciate there there may be some challenges with this, but how awesome would it be! :)

Just curious about what's so special about this reg. I have ever reg I've ever owned, starting with a Calypso, then a few Conshelfs, MR12s, ScubaPros of various flavours. Those all reside in various bins of retired dive crap in my garage, shed, house, cottage. Can't say I've ever considered mounting them. Currently, I have sack full of Apeks regs. Same thing.

Having said that, it was me, I'd figure out a way to connect to a keg of beer and use it for a tap. I appreciate there there may be some challenges with this, but how awesome would it be! :)

Carbon copy of post #18?

Back
Top Bottom